Highway full with carwrecks like in The Walking Dead

Ares

Sup.

What do you think about a highway with carwrecks like in TWD ?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111115175049/walkingdead/images/c/c5/The_Highway_2.jpg

You could find there many things like medicine, weapons or food but also the area would be full of Zeds.

In my opinion this would be a amazing new location in Knox County.

Whats you opinions ?

Greetings

roads would most likely be hard as hell to travel on though, once you could drive on them, will all the crap everywhere, perhaps you could move the other cars, like towing at one point to make room to pass. Kinda how the move corpse option is in effect now. Cause you know the highways would be filled, showing the signs of many of the population trying to escape the horrors in town.

I would consider a highway clogged with cars to be a boon for any established group of survivors. Get into them and dismantle them for all the metal scrap you could possibly need.

I don't think they add pure metal into cars anymore... I heard it's some sort of plastic nowadays. Unless you find a lot of old ones or even a scrapyard.

I would consider a highway clogged with cars to be a boon for any established group of survivors. Get into them and dismantle them for all the metal scrap you could possibly need.

I don't think they add pure metal into cars anymore... I heard it's some sort of plastic nowadays. Unless you find a lot of old ones or even a scrapyard.

Mostly fiberglass and artificial plastics and such- but you'd be able to salvage forms of useful scrap from cars. Fiberglass is pretty strong as a material, and it's light to boot. Even if it wasn't a zombie apocalypse, stripping a car down yields pretty profitable results just selling parts. In a zombie apocalypse it'd be very useful, because certain parts could havefer you pretty useful applications.

The last mass produced metal cars in terms of sheer steel and other hard metal materials was made in the 1980's, once the 90's came cars like that were mostly phased out of production. Of course older cars still on the road might be an option for actual scrap metal...