The poisonous thread

Strang

While frolicking through the flowers or running through the woods in rural Kentucky, you would encounter many different types of poisonous things to harm you.

By having points in the new scavange skill, you can increase chances of avoiding these

Poisonius plants

Poison ivy- causes rash and pain if touched

Poisonous mushrooms- can cause severe sickness/ death if eaten

Poision berrys- severe sickness

Poison oak- if burned the toxins will fill your lungs and cause death

Poisonous animals

These could be avoided with higher scavenge skill

Copperhead snake- if bitten could lead to death

Rattlesnake- if bitten can lead to a faster death, would make a rattle to let you know to gtfo

Black Widow spider- if bitten death occurs in hours

To avoid most of these, stay away from the woods. A higher scavenge skill would make you less likely to come near a poisonous plant or get bit by a poisonous animal

Neither of the snakes listed nor black widows commonly lead to death from the primary symptoms in healthy adults. They can kill people who are old, very young, particularly allergic to the venom, or have a serious medical condition already. More than likely you'd just be facing pain and the possibility of infection if the wound wasn't treated, with death being possible if it's not cared for at all from secondary symptoms after days or weeks.

Poison oak, similar to poison ivy, is also an irritant when touched. Some people (including myself) are resistant to some or both. I used to get poison ivy as a kid, now it doesn't effect me even if I rub it on my skin on purpose.

Nit picky annoying part: snakes and spiders are actually venomous, whilst plants and their berries would be poisonous, just for the sake of accuracy.

Count me among the poison ivy immune. I cut that stuff with the weed eater and get it sprayed all over me and it never bothers me. I have to go wash my clothes and shower in case I rub up against someone that is affected by it, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Count me among the poison ivy immune. I cut that stuff with the weed eater and get it sprayed all over me and it never bothers me. I have to go wash my clothes and shower in case I rub up against someone that is affected by it, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Though the reaction can come back, oddly enough. I've an uncle who walked through/on/in it for years without any trouble, then one day was out doing what he always did and came home with a horrible, horrible reaction to it. Science, how does it work? In any case, I don't try to expose myself to it for sure.

I wonder if mayapple bushes are frequent in the area? They grow all over the place where I live and the fruits are supposed to be good eating when they're ripe. They're also supposed to be bitter and poisonous when not ripe. Really common, if they happen to grow there. They don't need much sunlight and thrive in the low light conditions of heavily wooded areas. The entire forest floor for hundreds of yards in every direction can be absolutely covered by them in the deeper areas with the thicker canopy.