RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

um the new update makes it rain indoors even when you have a roof(floor bit) over it

Can you explain me more ? I don't get it, what's a floor bit ? I did some test inside classic house no rain, and when I build a roof made of wooden floor, no rain under it...

also trapping is giving no exp at all

You tried with a trap placed on a previous save ? If that's the case yeah sorry, due to a exploit possible in MP I had to change some things, so the previous trap won't give xp, but the new one should do (just tested, got 5xp from a bird)

Hello, seems that the linux package for steam didn't contain the last hotfix. I had to take lua files (with change for rain and others stuff) from a windows installation of the game to be able to connect to an updated server.

the Lua files dont mach up for build 29 on mac and linux machines since the update and a few players can not join my server can you put a link to the missing lua files or an update would be nice for non windows players thank you for your time

Are you using any mods or the server is using any mods by chance ?

no am not using any mods for the server

Ok, here is what happened yesterday:

Three friends and me were hanging out in our camp in the forest. Suddenly it started to rain and we went into our house to stay dry.

It worked out perfect for two of us ( both male characters ), but the other female and me kept getting soaked. We had to run to a default building in town in the end. I started this character in build 29.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?

um the new update makes it rain indoors even when you have a roof(floor bit) over it

Can you explain me more ? I don't get it, what's a floor bit ? I did some test inside classic house no rain, and when I build a roof made of wooden floor, no rain under it...

also trapping is giving no exp at all

You tried with a trap placed on a previous save ? If that's the case yeah sorry, due to a exploit possible in MP I had to change some things, so the previous trap won't give xp, but the new one should do (just tested, got 5xp from a bird)

the traps where new made build 29.2 after your current hotfix came out and still gave no experiance.

as for the rain, i'm living in the middle of no where west point and i've built a floor and the built a second floor that covers the first floor completely and it rains inside on both floors.

a floor bit would be the floor tile in construction.

Mmph, I don't get it then, it works here.. Tried in solo and MP, worked.. Gnh, will do more test...

I think you should make sure the hot fix got distributed correctly. It seems to me more likely that that's the problem since many people have reported either not getting it or not getting all of it.

i can confirm the rain bug also i just did a test and both male and female characters are getting wet under player made roofs and floors also there it no spawn location choice you just get spawned in muld since the update for v29.2

Edit

i verified the files for server and client and was 100% complete files

By indoors you mean inside existing house or just under your hand made roof ?

You see the animation, it's maybe not a big deal, do you get wet under your roof ? Is your roof is Z + 1 compared to your floor ? Your floor is at z = 0 ?

Seriously, I don't get it, I double checked it worked here..

I did this :

Created a stairs at Z = 0

Go on the stairs, create a wooden floor at Z = 1

Get down of the stairs, go under the floor i just made = no more rain...

Tried also at Z = 1...

Tell me exactly what you do, there's maybe a strange case where it bug...

By indoors you mean inside existing house or just under your hand made roof ?

You see the animation, it's maybe not a big deal, do you get wet under your roof ? Is your roof is Z + 1 compared to your floor ? Your floor is at z = 0 ?

Seriously, I don't get it, I double checked it worked here..

I did this :

Created a stairs at Z = 0

Go on the stairs, create a wooden floor at Z = 1

Get down of the stairs, go under the floor i just made = no more rain...

Tried also at Z = 1...

Tell me exactly what you do, there's maybe a strange case where it bug...

by indoors i mean under a hand made roof.

i do get wet still.

ok i made a wooden floor at z=0 (cos i'm in the forest) i then make stairs on the wooden floor at z=0 i then go up to z=1 and lay wooden floor to cover my room made on z=0 i cover the room completely and stand in it when it rains and i get wet

this is in mp