RELEASED: Build 29.4

RobertJohnson

When I get frustrated with the internet, I like to take it out on a tree, with a frying pan. :)

RJ likes to dance until total exhaustion.

You should come and see it one day.

He only does it on those fancy airport shuttles.

I'm guessing there's a story?

Hello, I recently buy the game, but I make a mess with the build. How to install ?, How to access the beta ?, when I write the password for the beta tells me it's wrong, even so I let into them. 

When I enter the beta is the beta build27. 

Forgive my English, the English teaching in schools in Spain think they invent. 

Greetings from Spain.

I have read everything I clicked continue subject, then I went to project Zomboid in steam, right click, properties, Beta and tab give me two options, testing versions available to all and build23-. Clik testing version available to all, the game is updated and entered. The build that mark in the lower left corner is Build27. 

The issue is not with regards to accepting the terms, not where you have to clik to accept them. 

Still, when the beta this game update prepared only or open to be updated manually. 

Robert Thanks for the help, but still do not really know how to do XD.

Edit:

I managed to access, it was just my carelessness and poor understanding on my part. Thanks for the help Robert, I just had to read the post slower.

Downloaded the hotfix, and I'm still unable to forage anywhere near the woods by the cabin with a well? I went what I thought was pretty deep in the woods near it and was still unable to forage.

I notice it said the cabin in WP, so maybe the hotfix didn't address this location. If so, disregard my comment.

I fixed the cabin in WP, near the lake, where's your location problem ?

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.41035475186727144,0.1562191526103902,221.18400000000022

Its the Cabin with the Well and outhouse, directly Northwest of Muldraugh. Sits between the empty construction site and the farm.

When Will the split screen multiplayer be back? Not be pushy But ive been waiting for this a long time now.

We do not give ETAs.

Split screen seems to be a fairly low priority at the moment. There are simply more important tasks at hand, I'm afraid.

It will be back, though :)

Rathlord - What is the point in making a skill so much of a grind that players would need to play one save file for dozens of hours to get to max skill level? Especially when other skills (with books) can get to level 5 with relatively no effort. I thought the point of the game was to tell the story of your death, not to have save files where after three years in-game after the apocalypse started you finally get level 5 in all Agility skills.

I'm not trying to say that level 5 should be easy to attain at all - I'm saying that right now after playing about 3 hours on a save file my character is only level 1 in all agility skills (that's 100 exp). To get to level 3 would be another 1800 exp. 18*3 = over 50 hours. 50 hours on one character and they're level 3/5. Just over halfway to full skill level and they're already at the point where the game should have ended given its premise.

Have the advantage gained from levelling reduced if it needs to be - but make it so that the player actually sees a difference in their skill as they go along; even if it is small. Right now it takes hours to level an agility skill, with the player suddenly getting a BIG boost in their abilities when they do so. The scale isn't right at all right now for some skills, whereas its fine for others. It's not about giving players ultimate power, its about creating a levelling system that's actually enjoyable, and gives small boosts, not one that's an impossible grind to becoming a running God.

Have the advantage gained from levelling reduced if it needs to be - but make it so that the player actually sees a difference in their skill as they go along; even if it is small. Right now it takes hours to level an agility skill, with the player suddenly getting a BIG boost in their abilities when they do so. The scale isn't right at all right now for some skills, whereas its fine for others. It's not about giving players ultimate power, its about creating a levelling system that's actually enjoyable, and gives small boosts, not one that's an impossible grind to becoming a running God.

I have a very good feeling that you can gain 2-3 levels in sprinting within 4 in-day games . . . It's not uncommong to have something like 20 unspent skillpoints at the end of the week and effectively be a combat/running god. If anything, it needs to be neutered severely to be both realistic and fun -- there's little point developing your character long term, if in a few hours of play, you're effectively God.

Just imagine if I could do that in real life. Not . . . not that I can't. Oh dammit, now they know.

I just did a test to check in game. If you're running continuously you gain about 1 exp every 30 seconds. That means 100 exp = about 50 mins in game time (If you spend that whole time running of course; not stopping to loot or attack zombies). To get to level 3 its 1900 exp total = just over 16 hours. I've forgotten what the exp requirements are for levels 4 and 5, but still - 16 hours (irl) of running for level 3/5 - Ouch.

Maybe just have Agility skills not scale (ie. every level needs 100 exp). Skill Book related skills it makes sense for, because you get something like a 10* multiplier for the higher levels.

I have a very good feeling that you can gain 2-3 levels in sprinting within 4 in-day games . . . It's not uncommong to have something like 20 unspent skillpoints at the end of the week and effectively be a combat/running god. If anything, it needs to be neutered severely to be both realistic and fun -- there's little point developing your character long term, if in a few hours of play, you're effectively God.

Just imagine if I could do that in real life. Not . . . not that I can't. Oh dammit, now they know.

Would that be 4 days (real days.) of gaming or 4 ingame days?

I am assuning you mean real days because it is a tad harder to level than 4 days ingame I must admit. I am a supporter of slower levelling myself and prefer it that way. 4 days to get to level 3 on sprinting seems short is all. I haven't leveled it in quite a while though so perhaps I am wrong, in which case it is too short, one does not realistically get fit in 4 days does one?

Rathlord - What is the point in making a skill so much of a grind that players would need to play one save file for dozens of hours to get to max skill level?

I think you're looking at it the wrong way- at least in my opinion. You shouldn't view it as "level 5 is my goal and I need to grind to get there." There's nothing to say anyone ever needs to reach the top level in anything. The important part is that it's there and that you can always work towards the next level. I think our main difference is just in viewpoint- imagine if the devs made it so you could level up an infinite number of times, but it got exponentially harder each time. Would you, then, complain that the top level took so long to reach?

The whole game is about unobtainable goals, really (surviving), so there's really no difference there if you ask me.

However, I definitely agree with you that the skills still need balancing and tweaking- and that's something that can and should happen closer to the end of the beta phase, rather than late alpha. There's definitely a disparity between the challenge of obtaining certain skills compared to others, and hopefully that's something the devs can smooth out later. My main point of contention is just that I don't have a problem with skills being very long term or even impossible towards the far limits.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents and I definitely agree with some of what you're saying.

Sup people long time no see... does someone know about nvidia shield and project zomboid? read that  controller was taken out and that its now baack working? so my interest is just stream the game and play it from the nvidia shield portable as if i was playing the 360 controller with a screen!!! amazing if i can get to make it work!!!!

Help anyone? did some research but didnt find thing, i tried abilitating the ximp controller but nothing...

I can imagine you running in circles in the middle of the street, stopping to eat some bag of chips and keep going at it for 4 days.

Damn legs, how do you work

Melee is not that bad with leveling same with agility skills. The biggest problem are firearms, RJ said that rifles are good once you have 4-5 lvl in aiming. And getting that lvl takes way to long time + luck with ammo. You you need to spend over 20h to make 2/4 firearms usefull.

Hi,

I was wondering if the zombie re-spawn for multiplayer is working it this build as it either stops working after a while or doesn't work at all in build 28, also some for of an accurate meaning and usage for the configuration of the serverconfig.ini as most of whats on the forums seems to be speculation, in particular relating to HoursForZombiesRespawn and IncreaseZombieRespawnBy.

thank you :)