Homemade silencers

Zephyo

Ok, so everyone knows that firing a firearm willy-nilly is an amazing way of becoming zed bait.  What if you could make a homemade silencer for your weapon? Something makeshift that could withstand a clip or so of firepower before failing completely. Potential example;

1 empty orange soda bottle (base) + 3 tissues (stuffed inside to capture noise) + 1 duct tape (to attach to firearm)

I don't know how easy this would be to implement in game, ad a silencer would have a separate durability modifier than the weapon in question, and repairing it would be improbable. Perhaps it could be equipped as a secondary slot item, and modify the primary firearm until it broke. Don't really know how the secondary weapon slot is used.

Thoughts?

Not sure but I think it's one of the "NO" things. Anyway, far as I know, such homemade suppressors are 1 shot things. If you ask me this kind of stuff is pointless, guns are useless outside of PvP unless you're suicidal or wan't to move lots of zombies from A to B.

PZ is going for realism and in reality, silencers do not exist in any shape or form that would make them useful in a zombie apocalypse.

True...the only real way to get any sort of sound control out of a silencer would be to run sub-sonic ammunition through it. Such ammunition wouldn't be found just anywhere in the apocalypse, nor am I sure it'd come in the handgun and rifle calibers portrayed in-game.