Visualizing the PZ map size

harakka

There was some discussion on IRC about how much of the world still remains unmapped on the PZ Map Project, so I threw this up quickly to visualize what 20x20 cells, the current map size, actually means. I don't claim Muldraugh to lie at the exact center, it's just there to give you sense of scale. Also ignore my shoddy linework, it's just a quick copypaste job :P

20x20cells.png

Also keep in mind this isn't the final map size, IIRC the devs mentioned upping it to 30x20 cells to make way for West Point.

That is pretty huge.  I have enough trouble making it out of my neighborhood. :P

I'm impressed by the scope of the mapmaking project, but it makes me wonder if the devs are planning to release an official map at some point and make all that hard work for nothing.

That is pretty huge.  I have enough trouble making it out of my neighborhood. :P

I'm impressed by the scope of the mapmaking project, but it makes me wonder if the devs are planning to release an official map at some point and make all that hard work for nothing.

I think blindcoder's PZ map project wont go for nothing 'coz it already helped a lot of players like me.

Were there faster ways to get around than walking?  There would have to be.  We'll have cars eventually so the map will open up a lot more - I can't imagine wanting to play a game where 90% of your time is spent just getting to the thing you're supposed to be doing.  It's one of the reasons I stopped playing DayZ.

Archived