Permanent "Perks"

Wolfihunter_prey

This feature was intended in my own zombie game project which was unfortunately not successfull due to lack of funding and the ability assamble a good team :D We however made a really nicely outlined plan for it (89 pages) and one of the things which would (i think) go well in this game is this.

Your character can get "permanent" or "semi permanent" moodlets which only go away if some special treatment/event occurs or will not go away at all for example:

"Crazy" - Your character has gone completely insane from the constant exposure to depression and anger. You will now suffer a penalty for interactions with NPC's (occasionally mumble random sentences could be fun?)

"Veteran" - You have become a survivor veteran, you have seen so many things and overcome all challenges so far that there is now nothing that can surprise you. Gets panicked less.

"Broken leg" - Due to the severe impact to your bones they broke, this needs to be treated or it can be the cause of your demise. Need to get a crutch or something, to recover or lose health over time while moving. Can recover in 1-2 weeks. Cause can be falling down from 1 floor, being hit by blunt weapon (NPC or Multiplayer).

"Smoking Addict" - You have become addicted to smoking. Unless you get your regular cigarettes you become depressed and unhappy more quickly. Can come off it if not smoking for 1 month.

"Drinking Addict" - You have become addicted to drinking. Unless you can get some alcohol in your system regularlry you will become depressed and unhappy more quickly. Can come off it if not drinking for 1 month.

"Concussion" - You have been hit on the head too hard and you feel dizzy. Accuracy and vision decreased. Will go away in 1-3 days.

"Iron stomach" - You are so used to eating bad food, that you eat those dead mice without blinking. Receives less penalty for unhappyness for eating disgusting food. (aquired by eating a lot of worms, mice, rats)

These could even be like the traits you pick at the character creation, or listed as a moodlet :) I have a lot more ideas, but I just put down a few to see what you guys think!

Strongly agree! I am constantly pissed of because after the thirstiest corner with zombies, you... well you expect it!

Beyond that I think about fallout, where most perks had a downside which prevents you from collecting them by purpose or becoming achievements. Brrr... achievements.... . Nevertheless, Strong agr... oh, already said.

Unimportant but in my head:

"Lumberjack" - "You lumbered so much, Jack. Now you lumber quite faster and raise/drop logs"

"Missing limbs" - "A scratch? Your arm's off!"

"Overweight" - "fate was kind to you, but now you're wearing the burden. Always"

"Patient" - "You are used to waiting for long periods and learned to deal with it"

"Paranoid" - "Since the apocalypse started you're stumbling from one heart attack to another. They hide behind all corners."

"Self talker*" - "You been quiet for half a year. No surprise you started talking to yourself."

*This is my favorite. Randomly quoting Things you do and attract zombies. Hm... I climb through that window. Oh, a few nails, how useful. Rain, I think I get wet... blablabla

Strongly agree! I am constantly pissed of because after the thirstiest corner with zombies, you... well you expect it!

Beyond that I think about fallout, where most perks had a downside which prevents you from collecting them by purpose or becoming achievements. Brrr... achievements.... . Nevertheless, Strong agr... oh, already said.

Unimportant but in my head:

"Lumberjack" - "You lumbered so much, Jack. Now you lumber quite faster and raise/drop logs"

"Missing limbs" - "A scratch? Your arm's off!"

"Overweight" - "fate was kind to you, but now you're wearing the burden. Always"

"Patient" - "You are used to waiting for long periods and learned to deal with it"

"Paranoid" - "Since the apocalypse started you're stumbling from one heart attack to another. They hide behind all corners."

"Self talker*" - "You been quiet for half a year. No surprise you started talking to yourself."

*This is my favorite. Randomly quoting Things you do and attract zombies. Hm... I climb through that window. Oh, a few nails, how useful. Rain, I think I get wet... blablabla

That ''self talker'' thing is going to be implemented with the sanity moodles.

and the amputation may be implemented, as told in the posts above

"Broken leg" - Due to the severe impact to your bones they broke, this needs to be treated or it can be the cause of your demise. Need to get a crutch or something, to recover or lose health over time while moving. Can recover in 1-2 weeks. Cause can be falling down from 1 floor, being hit by blunt weapon (NPC or Multiplayer).

Isn't this already implemented?  I don't own the game, but I'm sue it is.

If it isn't, Falling from one story will give you barely anything, maybe only if you are over encumbered.  Maybe have it if you fall from 2 stories you have a chance to break your leg, and this chance increased the higher you go.  Also by how encumbered you are increases the chance for broken leg.  If that's the case, let us have an option to drop a bag from the height before jumping, for less risk of broken bone.

Isn't this already implemented?  I don't own the game, but I'm sue it is.

If it isn't, Falling from one story will give you barely anything, maybe only if you are over encumbered.  Maybe have it if you fall from 2 stories you have a chance to break your leg, and this chance increased the higher you go.  Also by how encumbered you are increases the chance for broken leg.  If that's the case, let us have an option to drop a bag from the height before jumping, for less risk of broken bone.

Now you die if you fall from 2 story or above height. And if you fall 1 story, you get injured, but your leg isnt broken.