Weapon ideas

INoEmo

Hello guys, I did a search but didn't really any find any weapon threads that were all to good, so sorry if some of these have already been suggested.  Also as of the moment I don't own the game and I only watch playthroughs, if some of my suggestions are already in the game it would be nice if you could just tell me so.

Firearms and ammo
Instead of just having pistol ammo, pistol, shotgun ammo and shotgun it would be nice of there was a variety of bullet calibers so finding a gun is only half your issue, now you need to find bullets for it.  Also I'm not a huge gun nut so I may be incorrect with some of this.  The shotgun will stay the same.

Ammo

- .22lr

- 9mm

- .357 magnum

- 7.62x39

The ammo at the top is found easier than the ammo at the bottom

Guns

- .22lr pistol

- .22lr rifle

- 9mm pistol

- 9mm submachine gun

- .45 pistol

- .45 submachine gun

- .357 magnum revolver

- 5.56 assault rifle

- 5.56 rifle

- 7.62x39 assault rifle

- 7.62x39 rifle

The assault rifles and submachine guns would be full auto, the 9mm and .45 pistol are semiautomatic, the revolver is whatever they call revolvers and all the rifles are bolt action.

Melee weapons

I will include photos of items some people may not be familiar with.

Block splitter- half axe, half sledgehammer.  This thing is a beast.  It should be able to do both what the axe and sledgehammer can do.  It would tire you out fast but should be a 1 hit kill, or maybe you need to push the Zed over before 1 hitting it with the block splitter.  It would weigh a little less than the sledgehammer, but only a bit.  Very rare find.

https://www.masters.com.au/media/MASTERS/Product/300x300/900009242_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569830999291.jpg

Machete- You swing to attack and is bladed.  Has a chance to remove the head.

Piece of metal- simple piece of rebar.  Doesn't hit that hard but quite common.

Piece of metal+grinder/rough concrete ground/some sort of metal removing instrument= sharpened piece of metal.  You just turned your piece of metal into a fancy dancy sharp piece, now it's bladed and acts like a knife which stabs the face.

While I like the idea of adding more weaponry, I don't think the vanilla game of PZ needs more ammo, more guns and more complicated loot, already guns aren't that hard to find and a huge powerhouse weapon, I don't think we need guns upon guns spawning in houses, giving us devices to kill easier.

Guns should be somewhat rare and rarely used (Mostly because the noise)

not a bad idea, however, just not what Vanilla needs.

If they add a rifle to vanilla, I'd be happy.  Adding a ton of guns and ammo types will not only make zombies less of a threat, but imagine finding ammo, then not being able to find the corresponding gun. 

As far as weapons, more melee weapons would be a treat.  Like a machete or something similar.

If they add a rifle to vanilla, I'd be happy.  Adding a ton of guns and ammo types will not only make zombies less of a threat, but imagine finding ammo, then not being able to find the corresponding gun. 

That was actually kind of the idea I had :P .  Finding a gun in this game and ammo isn't that hard, and there's only 2 guns and 2 bullets.  Maybe have

22lr ammo-uncommon

22lr pistol- uncommon

22lr rifle- very rare

9mm ammo- very uncommon

9mm pistol- very uncommon

9mm smg- super rare.  Mostly found around around military areas (roadblocks, checkpoints, Fort Knox, if any of it's added) or on Military zombies, maybe a bit of a chance for regular zombies (survivor picked it up)

.45 ammo- rare

.45 pistol- rare

.45 smg- Super super rare.  See 9mm smg (but more rare)

.357 ammo- very rare

.357 revolver-  very rare

Maybe the assault rifles and higher caliber rifles are a little OP, but it would feel so survivorish picking up an assault rifle from an overrun military checkpoint.  Then just spraying into a crowd as you're slowly devoured alive because... well... zomboid.

Also it would make finding a gun and ammo a challenge, going through a bunch of houses and finding 22lr when you need 9mm, then meeting someone in multiplayer and trading you 22lr ammo for there 9mm as he has no gun for the 9mm.

No automatic guns for sure.  Those are illegal EVEN in gun stores. 

I am all for adding a rifle and maybe a revolver though.

Dude its America its totally Legal.... PS: You have a military base down of the Muld ... Just saying ....