Hostile Military NPCs

Zapp Brannigan

I know numerous NPC types will be in the game soon, but I was wondering if Military NPCs will be part of this. Not some goody-goody military aid group, but soldiers ordered to simply contain, and destroy, the outbreak in the early days of the apocalypse. Hostile NPCs that can fortify certain areas, armed with heavy weapons, and kill both zombies and civilians.

It's probably been suggested before, but I've not seen it myself, and I've never heard the Military/National Guard mentioned when NPCs have been brought up by the developers. I think having occasional Military enclave-esque groups would definitely be interesting.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

per that thread which is worth a thorough read, no military aid.

however, there is still a lot we don't know about the NPC's to come. would be reasonable to think there might be  small group of soldiers who one way or another got separated from their main platoon and now wander the land, doing what they can to survive another day.

I think this "evil military" thing is overly clicheed. We've seen this in so many other games and movies, it's kind of ridiculous to see many writers/game designers and even players having so little faith in the military (during an apocalypse). In my opinion, encouraging this trope is the wrong way to depict this genre.

Actually, it's possible to create NPC soldiers with PTSD backgrounds but having a whole squad of soldiers gone rogue is highly unrealistic.

I think this "evil military" thing is overly clicheed. We've seen this in so many other games and movies, it's kind of ridiculous to see many writers/game designers and even players having so little faith in the military (during an apocalypse). In my opinion, encouraging this trope is the wrong way to depict this genre.

Actually, it's possible to create NPC soldiers with PTSD backgrounds but having a whole squad of soldiers gone rogue is highly unrealistic.

Lets go with something original, badass and never seen before. <scratch> Sentient alien space tofu from Venus helping survivors fight zombies.

Better: Sentient alien space tofu from Venus Imparting the zombies with intelligence and helping the humans form a resistance movement to overthrow their new zombie masters! The twist? The tofu was behind the initial outbreak!

Wait. Topic. Right, right, right.

Having the military hostile to some degree seems to be sort-of planned. We probably won't know until it's in as to the degree or function, though.

as many citizens of foreign lands could tell you, not all military aid is friendly, and not all military personnel are well intentioned. some are just in the armed forces to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and they just ran out of bubble gum.

why would a group of soldiers have to go rogue? it would be highly possible that their platoon got overrun by zombies and they are the only survivors.

@Enigma

I like Your style... Would definitly watch it if it was a movie as it seems more intresting than most of current movies.

@topic

As Sfy said, they dont need to be rouge, they might just be fightning for survival just like other survivors.