Definitive PZServerSettings

Handlebar

In this post I'd like to gather all the information we know about the PZServerSettings, and answer some questions people might have (I too myself have a ton), as all the information regarding this is confusing. I will reference only Build 26.

PZServerSettings are suppose to alter the Multiplayer server just like the settings in your Sandbox.

So I will start off with basic questions I have. I will add answers and new questions to this post as they come in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does everyone in the server need to have the same SandboxVars.lua?

Where is SandboxVars.lua located?
ProjectZomboid/media/lua/shared/Sandbox

I edit the SandboxVars.lua via PZServerSettings and start a fresh server, but the settings don't seem to apply. IE Loot is still rare (set abundent), Zombies still fast shamblers (set to shamblers) etc.

Sometimes when trying to save the SandboxVars.lua with PZServersettings it asks for a directory and doesn't save the file, just keeps repeating a location for the save file to be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, thanks for the help, I will continue to add questions and answers people have.

Tried it once, never used it again. Look what the values do (example : set the loot value to 5 = allot of loot (ab). Edit the sandboxvars on server and done. 

I remember getting that error when specifying the output-directory, it kept telling me it was invalid :)

Not sure about the client-side sandboxvars (cant check). 

Tried it once, never used it again. Look what the values do (example : set the loot value to 5 = allot of loot (ab). Edit the sandboxvars on server and done. 

I remember getting that error when specifying the output-directory, it kept telling me it was invalid :)

The Server's SandboxVars.lua; it is the same SandBoxVars.lua that is located in ProjectZomboid/media/lua/shared/Sandbox, correct? I will see if I can find a list of the variables & values. Server restart is required I would assume, or better yet a clean server install.

The Server's SandboxVars.lua; it is the same SandBoxVars.lua that is located in ProjectZomboid/media/lua/shared/Sandbox, correct? I will see if I can find a list of the variables & values. Server restart is required I would assume, or better yet a clean server install.

yeah, the one located in your STEAM folder./your steam dir etc/PZ/media/lua/shared/Sandbox/

Note the loot entry for example. Set Loot -> "5", should be same as setting loot to abundant in the PZServerSettingsTool (if i remember correctly).

Just open the Sandboxvarfile and the PZServertool, you`ll see :)

It looks like the current build26 is bugged, because normally the settings will be shared to the clients (hence the foldername). The changelog for the upcoming hotfix for build26 fixes this problem, so you only have to change the settings on the serverside.

I would assume it was bugged for 25a & 25b aswell? I haven't been able to get it to work properly (ie. work just like sandbox) since the feature was available.

I hope that the hotfix mentioned above smashes this issue in its whole.

It looks like the current build26 is bugged, because normally the settings will be shared to the clients (hence the foldername). The changelog for the upcoming hotfix for build26 fixes this problem, so you only have to change the settings on the serverside.

I would assume it was bugged for 25a & 25b aswell? I haven't been able to get it to work properly (ie. work just like sandbox) since the feature was available.

I hope that the hotfix mentioned above smashes this issue in its whole.

Not sure about the 25x version, i always edited the file and changed the settings from there.

Maybe the Doctor can confirm? :)

Alright, this is where I stand as of last nite. I uninstall everything, start with a fresh install. Boot up Zomboid to make sure it says build 26. I exit out. I go to PZServerSettings, adjust them to some of the settings (Zombies High, Time to "Realtime", Loot Abundent, Shamblers) I load up. First thing I notice, nearly empty cabinets, then the time ticking by like it would be on the 3 hour setting. The zombies to appear to be high, and they are shambling, not fast though. So it seems like the server only is using some of the settings, and not all.

Anyone able to verify?

This is the order of how I try to have custom settings on my server, but I still can not figure it out and it will not work :(

I change the sandboxvars.lua (with my saved settings) to E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox,

before I start up the server, I make sure all of the settings from any past server are deleted which I do from C:\Users\Admin\Zomboid\Multiplayer

I can not figure this out. Currently, I start my server from the E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid     I click the ProjectZomboidServer icon which brings up the command prompt with the projectzomboid server. My friends can join it, I join it (but when I do, i do not know how to make it so I am an admin and change the setings, help me with this too)

I start my server, but none of the settings will save. Everything stays default.

Help please :(

This is the order of how I try to have custom settings on my server, but I still can not figure it out and it will not work :(

I change the sandboxvars.lua (with my saved settings) to E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox,

before I start up the server, I make sure all of the settings from any past server are deleted which I do from C:\Users\Admin\Zomboid\Multiplayer

I can not figure this out. Currently, I start my server from the E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid     I click the ProjectZomboidServer icon which brings up the command prompt with the projectzomboid server. My friends can join it, I join it (but when I do, i do not know how to make it so I am an admin and change the setings, help me with this too)

I start my server, but none of the settings will save. Everything stays default.

You are using Build 26 correct?

You are using Build 26 correct?

Yes I am