Cold and Temperature

Anvilman6

So yesterday I was playing on a sandbox game and, for fun, I had turned the temperature to very cold and started in November. If I slowed down moving for any long period of time my character would get hypothermic then begin freezing (I was playing part ranger so most of the negative effects of these were mitigated.) My questions are: (let me preface this one by saying I know it has been asked before) is there a way for the devs to make it so when you sleep in a bed, which obviously has blankets and other things, you get warmed up? Secondly, if you're inside a house, is there any cold deduction? I feel that houses should warm you up inside, because you're out of the elements, and the fact that most houses have some sort of space heating (which should function as long as the power is on), but in my current save there appears to be no temperature difference indoors or out. Maybe put a 'thermostat' value on some houses, making them warm in the winter or cold in the summer. Just some thoughts I've had.

I agree with maybe being able to find a heater or something that is useful while the power is on, but after that you are pretty my screwed. Unless a house is pretty much a sealed environment, drafts, holes, dodgy seals etc will leave a house as cold as the outside world, minus much of the wind chill and things like raind and snow. That's why you tend to get burst pipes in houses that are left with no heating, they dip to the point where the water will freeze in the pipes, so you can bet the internal temperature of that house is cold as s**t.

I agree with the beds part though, with blankets and duvets, they should keep you warm at night.

Some houses have fireplaces inside which you could heat and feul with wood to have at least one room warm if not the whole house if it´s a small one, but would have a chance for catching on fire, maybe give a survival skill to reduce this chance and also to be better with handling low and high temps, as well later in the game traps and other stuff related

and with erosion takes over --> trees grow by time --> wood supply for heating. therefore woodstorage racks with more weight  but only for logs and planks

or the possibilty to use wood + earth(dirt,sand etc)+fire = charcoal

at all when erosion really works so season are diffrent and you have to prepare for the seasons (no farming while winter,maybe only in a heated greenhouse, wood collecting while warm). would make the game a lot diffrent cause you have to prepare and fit in a new (old) world where you live by seasons. Winter would allow to melt snow for water and zeds would be slower if not frozen, so a good season for scavanging.

Maybe at some point we are able to take down houses to get some minor stuff like bricks etc so we can rebuild fireplaces,walls and/or houses.

just thoughts, but this would all go good together in my mind :)

Winter would allow to melt snow for water and zeds would be slower if not frozen, so a good season for scavanging.

Plowing through fresh snow takes a lot of stamina, so actually this could make the zombies faster than you, as they don't tire or 'need to catch their breath for a while'. Not sure how much snow falls in Knox country, but treading even knee-deep becomes tiring quickly. Also, the question of running - slipping on ice is fairly easy after all. ...on the other hand, watching a horde of zeds walk on ice and do Michael Jackson poses while struggling to keep their balance would be kind of cute. ;-)

I would deff. like to see the map expand more north as time progresses! Moving into a region that gets ALOT colder in the winter would add a really interesting mechanic to an already great game! Though itll be a long ways down the road I'm sure  :P

Archived