Water Vessels Outside

CaptKaspar

I usually start out a game by collecting as many vessels that hold water as possible and immediatley fill them up with water while the taps are still funcitonal. I then put them in the bathroom (since there isn't any other use for that room) and leave them on the floor in case the water turns off before I am level 2 carpentry to build rain barrels.

Doesn't it make sense that I could just put out some cooking pots, bowls, cups, etc during a rain storm and they would fill with water? Rain barrels already do it, so I imagine the programming to do this would not be too difficult to implement.

I know that I can grab a water vessel and fill it with rain barrel water, but I should just be able to leave them outside and they would fill.

I usually start out a game by collecting as many vessels that hold water as possible and immediatley fill them up with water while the taps are still funcitonal. I then put them in the bathroom (since there isn't any other use for that room) and leave them on the floor in case the water turns off before I am level 2 carpentry to build rain barrels.

Doesn't it make sense that I could just put out some cooking pots, bowls, cups, etc during a rain storm and they would fill with water? Rain barrels already do it, so I imagine the programming to do this would not be too difficult to implement.

I know that I can grab a water vessel and fill it with rain barrel water, but I should just be able to leave them outside and they would fill.

Was thinking about that when i started playing this game, tho i think this would make game too easy.

Atm you need garbage bags to be able to survive once water goes off, collecting which costs time and can get you killed, with the ability to use cups and such, you are taking one objective out of the game as water vessels are plentifull.

ps. Im tired , there might be typos or whole post can be not really logical, if so ill fix it later.

Why not gutters on the houses too? And buckets outside? Even old tires collect water. There sould be mutiple things to make to collect water in the game, not just rain barrels.

One of my bigger gripes in the game is if the rain will turn you into a zombie, shouldn't you have to boil rain water before drinking it?

The whole "dont get wet or you will die" mechanic is actully more unrealistic then the zombies. You don't get sick from rain, you get sick from viruses and bacteria.

Why not gutters on the houses too? And buckets outside? Even old tires collect water. There sould be mutiple things to make to collect water in the game, not just rain barrels.

One of my bigger gripes in the game is if the rain will turn you into a zombie, shouldn't you have to boil rain water before drinking it?

The whole "dont get wet or you will die" mechanic is actully more unrealistic then the zombies. You don't get sick from rain, you get sick from viruses and bacteria.

You aint zombified by rain, just getting fever every time you stay 5 min at rain. #Logic

Rain killing us was discussed somewhere earlier tho.

You aint zombified by rain, just getting fever every time you stay 5 min at rain. #Logic

Oh, so all this time i had the fever from the rain, then went suicidly out killing zombies, i was not zombified? Oh dear....

Oh, so all this time i had the fever from the rain, then went suicidly out killing zombies, i was not zombified? Oh dear....

Im afraid yes ^.^ Would be enough to eat a steak, drink a cuppa to survive.

Being wet and cold is enough to make you sick and give you a fever, yes, but it won't zombify you. Like WC said, just stay inside and get as much sleep as possible. Eat some food and drink plenty of water.

If you get nauseous moodle, odds are good you're fine unless you were bitten or scratched recently.

Well shoot.

The good news is that i have been finding some great stuff on the bodies after my suicidal rampages.

does anyone have an estimate as to how many zombies there are? Is it the whole town? I mostly spend the fist few days killing zompies and trying to get planks/an ax so i can start making a safe place and rain barrels.