Contaminated small areas (Let's Clean the streets!)

dewrie

Correct me if iam wrong, but i saw a clip for a upcoming patch that you could drag/carry dead zeds and dump em at another location, this gave me an idea which iv'e been thinking off would be cool to add, i apologize if someone already has added this suggestion, also would add more deep and role play feel to the game (tophat) .

What would you have done in a real situation, let's say a pest spreads and no one know what causes the disease? Of course one of the first thoughts would have been: "maybe it's airborne?". So you would use some kind off mouth&nose protection, rip some clothes to cover your mouth and nose and hope it works. 

simple filtermasks are quite common in hardware stores and in garages aswell! I believe the "gasmask" subject has already been discussed so

its not what iam going talk about.

what iam here to talk about is the purpose of using a gasmask and moving bodies. (maybe the gas can may serve another purpose aswell!)

Let's say you've slayed a zombie and it just lying around and starts to rot, let's just say summertime 1-x days~ for now,  a small area around the body is contaminated and gives your character a % of getting infected without something to cover up your nose&mouth (higher chance to get an infection if the character has an open wound in the vicinity).

after x day(s)/week(s) the area is not longer contaminated.

it would now have a real purpose of moving dead bodies and use a gasmask in some areas!.

Gloves would be a nice addition aswell!( :cool: )

Airborne infection or not, cleaning up a large amount of warm, rotting corpses in summer would require a gasmask purely to stop your character from being incapacitated from the smell, let alone any of the nasty things that tend to float in the air around large quantities of rot.

If you must have an 'airborne infection' mechanic, make it purely something conventional. Being around rotting corpses without a mask can make you get sick (severe cold), but the zombification-magical-spore-nanite-virus-pixiedust-whatever is still only transmittable by bites.

Airborne infection or not, cleaning up a large amount of warm, rotting corpses in summer would require a gasmask purely to stop your character from being incapacitated from the smell, let alone any of the nasty things that tend to float in the air around large quantities of rot.

If you must have an 'airborne infection' mechanic, make it purely something conventional. Being around rotting corpses without a mask can make you get sick (severe cold), but the zombification-magical-spore-nanite-virus-pixiedust-whatever is still only transmittable by bites.

i think with infection he didn't mean the zombiefication ;D

I like the idea here or moving dead zeds, maybe having a negative effect to them sitting around, mostly I like it because I find it annoying when in the start of the game a zombie breaks into my for-the-moment unbarricaded safehouse, I kill it, and now there's a corpse in my living room for the rest of the game that I can do nothing about.

wow so glad i came across this article was about to suggest it if for no other reason of aesthetics i hate to see dead bodies in my nice base iv worked on for ages.

For me it is almost as if you kill a zombie in your safe house then they still win as they are always there to remind you of the time you let him/her in.

cant wait for this feature to be implemented.....man this game just keeps growing in scope.

I will make a case for RP style servers. might sound drastic, but we we all saw (I Guess most PZ Players did at least) what tghe zombie apocalypse can do to people) what "the governor" did and what people in drastic situations change into....

when we have the chance to move bodies, not only should we be able to burn and / or bury them. but also to hang them,

put them on stakes... etc. all the drastic stuff idiotic biker gangs would come to think of when they try to take over the last remains of the godforsaken hellhole