Fitness & Strength should be buffed up (Leveling XP)

Unamelable

Now in Project Zomboid you have 2 choices: Either take Trait on Strong and Athlete. Or download mods for leveling for your character. In the game, leveling strength and fitness is unreasonably long and tedious. Although I understand that this task is IN REALITY just as difficult, but I’m fucking playing the game, I don’t want to worry about nutrition. And about the fact that my character is writhing in agony because of which I swallow tons of painkillers.

The problem is that in order for the player to level up, he must and MUST already have a base, tons of painkillers, proper nutrition. And a loooooot of extra time. Game has treadmills and a barbell machine. They are not involved in the game, which is, of course, fixed by mods, and they clearly make the task of leveling up your character easier.

You need to pay attention to this because it is unreasonably long, and I clearly do not feel any extra benefits at least for the exercises. I want to feel the result of my character becoming stronger AT LEAST FOR A TIME. Because you have to focus on this separately and experience the character in agony, no matter how much you want.

Here we clearly need to add more methods or at least slightly balance the leveling of those two most difficult skills.

16 hours ago, Unamelable said:

veling strength and fitness is unreasonably long and tedious. Although I understand that this task is IN REALITY just as difficult, but I’m fucking playing the game, I don’t want to worry about nutrition. And about the fact that my character is writhing

How long does it take usually to level up? I never used the trait but when I googled it and see what it does wouldnt it make sense to make it harder to obtain considering the affects of it? 

20 hours ago, Unamelable said:

Game has treadmills and a barbell machine. They are not involved in the game

I agree with what you mean here, it would be awesome if they were functional. I don't see why they wouldn't be functional in the future.

But besides adding functional treadmills and barbell machines what solution do you want? Do you want exercise to give you more experience? The whole spirit of the game is that it's supposed to be kind of realistic, I understand you may not like the grind, but it does take a lot of time and effort to improve your fitness in real life, if not longer.

If you have issue with that aspect you already have the solution to it. Download mods to make levelling up faster or change some sandbox settings to make levelling up faster. Heck, even give yourself 20 free points to take these traits.

The issue with making it easier to level up fitness and strength is that to a point, if it's made too easy to level, you negate the positivity of taking Athletic and Strong.

20 hours ago, Unamelable said:

in Project Zomboid you have 2 choices: Either take Trait on Strong and Athlete

I don't think you necessarily need to have level 9 in strength and fitness to have a good time. Obviously it's an advantage but I feel the game sort of encourages you to avoid fights and exerting yourself. One of the first rules in the game is "Don't run".

5 hours ago, WinFrz said:

I agree with what you mean here, it would be awesome if they were functional. I don't see why they wouldn't be functional in the future.

But besides adding functional treadmills and barbell machines what solution do you want? Do you want exercise to give you more experience? The whole spirit of the game is that it's supposed to be kind of realistic, I understand you may not like the grind, but it does take a lot of time and effort to improve your fitness in real life, if not longer.

If you have issue with that aspect you already have the solution to it. Download mods to make levelling up faster or change some sandbox settings to make levelling up faster. Heck, even give yourself 20 free points to take these traits.

The issue with making it easier to level up fitness and strength is that to a point, if it's made too easy to level, you negate the positivity of taking Athletic and Strong.

I don't think you necessarily need to have level 9 in strength and fitness to have a good time. Obviously it's an advantage but I feel the game sort of encourages you to avoid fights and exerting yourself. One of the first rules in the game is "Don't run".

Huh, I'll look at you when you get tired of resting every 10 minutes of game time because the character's a little out of breath.

9 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Could just not kill yourself by excessive exercise and let it happen naturally though a well paced routine.

You know. Like in reality.

Reality not the game. If its became a pain in the ass to achieve. I'l better build pre-build instead regardless of negative traits. If you give this option - you know that fitness/strength is broken

1 hour ago, Hugo Qwerty said:

I don't think any change is needed.  I like doing Zero to Hero, 30 free traits points (from Obese, Unfit, & Weak) but it takes a long time to get your fitness & strength up.  If levelling up was faster it would remove the challenge.

I don't think that lack of working furniture is a "challenge" plus im pretty sure multiplier is broken too. Because its feels the same what from 0, what from 5 lvl. Checked out with showing XP gain on character head.

• 1 month later...

Especially fitness. Strenght gains seems to benefit from fitness, but fitness is hardcore to levelup. Thats why i often take fitness trait, after that strenght is lot easier. Strenght levels up surprising fast with high fitness so i might start it spmetimes from zero.