Snow melt into puddles

hilvon

I have been playing a lot of CDDA mode recently and I realized one thing that is bothering me about snow.

When it recedes because the temperature got above 0C for some time - why does it leave behind dry land? It looks like instead of melting into water snow sublimates directly into gaseous form, which is weird.

The game already has puddles that are increased during rainfall and then recede under sunlight. Can receding snow also contribute to the puddles formation?

I have been wanting to melt snow into water for a while ( there was a mod but it broke ) 

I get why it doesn't  - probably because they want to add an "Extra step" to melt snow when in the container. 

But I think until that time they figure out how to do that - just make snow directly turn into water.

10 hours ago, Axezombie said:

Yes and melting snow into a container to get water would be great too

Yeah. That would be great too. You can scoop tainted water from puddles little by little. Snow can offer same capability and obviously as you boil the scooped water to make it drinkable this would melt the implied snow too.

On 4/18/2023 at 6:32 AM, Axezombie said:

Yes and melting snow into a container to get water would be great too

yea, maybe letting you do it with empty cans of food like in The Long Dark would give a reason to not just drop tin cans as soon as you get them