Adding /stuck command for alpha/beta

gimmic

Recently in MP a buddy and I both jumped through a window and ended up stuck inside a kitchen counter. 

I see rumblings of this type of issue from other players, and have yet to find a solution. I'd hate for us both to throw away our survivor's lives due to a geometry error!

Perhaps a temporary solution would be to provide a /stuck command which could count down for 30 seconds/1 minute until activating, and then either move the character a few paces in a random direction or reset them to a default/random spawnpoint.

This is obviously unrealistic, but so is getting stuck in a kitchen counter. I think if set up with the proper time penalties it would be unlikely to be abused.

On a side note, anyone have an idea on how to move a stuck character without killing them?

I got stuck a few times. What I did was quit, and then when I reloaded the game, my character was outside the house. Worked for me a couple times. Give it a try and let me know!!

I haven't researched this issue at all, so I'm not sure of a better way. I just know that my method worked for me.

Same. I jump in through windows sometimes and find myself stuck inside a kitchen counter. When that happens I just turn around and climb back out the window. Having an /unstuck feature wouldn't be too bad an idea, though.

This is in multiplayer and I have been unable to sneak back out through the window.

I can add/remove the drapes, close the window. When I choose "climb through" my character just walks in place forever.

I have reloaded multiple times. Two of us are stuck in the same spot(we jumped through a window together).  This is in one of the houses near the MP Default spawn point.

I *THINK* it is this house: 

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5366011173000379,0.18826325854293433,145.86227909811092

Edited by gimmic

Im not sure I attempted to use E honestly. I can't remember. I will check here in an hour.

Is holding E functionally different from right clicking and doing 'climb through window'? Is there a functional code/action difference?

I would expect they're both mapped to the same action/code. 

It is a bit flaky apparently.  Holding E does work, but the menu command doesn't.

The difference is there is a "walk to" action before the "climb through window" action with the menu command, but with the E key there is only "climb through window".

EDIT: I fixed this one command for the next release.

You're welcome >.>

Haha, In my excited state I quoted the wrong response. Thank you, anyway. Because of you we're now back to more Zomboid where as before we were gonna wait for build 25 to drop.