Dogs

Daazx

I suggest u add dogs I got this idea from I am legend the dog can serve as a warning if zombies are coming but the dog can bark and attract them if you don't train him right. And It would give a better use for dog food. I dunno it's just Idea trying to help ;) plus he could defend u. And he should be able to be zombiefied so you might have to put him down :(.

Animals are planned. Dogs will certainly be among them. Probably as pets and certainly as feral animals. There will NOT be zombified animals. Please refer to the commonly suggested suggestions thread. It has a list of all the possible confirmed or denied features that the devs have commented on as being planned.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Animals are planned. Dogs will certainly be among them. Probably as pets and certainly as feral animals. There will NOT be zombified animals. Please refer to the commonly suggested suggestions thread. It has a list of all the possible confirmed or denied features that the devs have commented on as being planned.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Srry I read it I just forgot

I will read it again

I suggest u add dogs I got this idea from I am legend the dog can serve as a warning if zombies are coming but the dog can bark and attract them if you don't train him right. And It would give a better use for dog food. I dunno it's just Idea trying to help ;) plus he could defend u. And he should be able to be zombiefied so you might have to put him down :(.

If PZ is going for realism then it's a smart move to make the zombie virus/disease/whatever only attack humans. Something advanced enough to hijack a human brain and change it's behaviour would more than likely be species specific IRL. Most of these things have a very hard time crossing the species barrier BUT when they do... yikes, they're incredibly nasty and this is because they're so new that they basically have their way with an unprepared immune system that can do nothing to stop them.

I don't know how you can label "realism" in zombie lore. Everything else is possible except zombies themselves.  If zombies walk they need energy, which they get from food, but the body cells need to be given that energy,so their blood has to flow, and they have to get rid of the waste etc. They would pretty much need to be a working person again.  The only thing that would make sense is to control a living body and that's mind control at that point.

I don't know how you can label "realism" in zombie lore. Everything else is possible except zombies themselves.  If zombies walk they need energy, which they get from food, but the body cells need to be given that energy,so their blood has to flow, and they have to get rid of the waste etc. They would pretty much need to be a working person again.  The only thing that would make sense is to control a living body and that's mind control at that point.

I think it was rathlord who explained nicely why its just fine for realism with just zombies being the only thing out of place.

Im sure he will pop in the thread with a detailed post, then walk outta here like a boss.

I don't know how you can label "realism" in zombie lore. Everything else is possible except zombies themselves. If zombies walk they need energy, which they get from food, but the body cells need to be given that energy,so their blood has to flow, and they have to get rid of the waste etc. They would pretty much need to be a working person again. The only thing that would make sense is to control a living body and that's mind control at that point.

I think it was rathlord who explained nicely why its just fine for realism with just zombies being the only thing out of place.

Im sure he will pop in the thread with a detailed post, then walk outta here like a boss.

He always does. He's quite good at them.