Player, NPC avatar pictures and character inventory new pictures

ianopolos

This game looks better every day, before in older versions wasnt bad but now in version 2.9.8 looks way better and character animations when running look fantastic.

New zombies looks great now they dont have big heads like before and now there are female zombies and female player.

But i played some other games like NeoScavenger and i was suprised how good they designed player character inventory.

I must say i dont like Character Health screen in Project Zomboid and i think i have solution how it should be

Here is old screen it looks childish:

pz9_zps1ddf59f4.jpg

So i want you to change character health screen to look more like in this picture:

pz2a_zps0d47cb06.jpg

Also it would be nice to see damage on ur character health screen to look more like in game NeoScavenger:

pz2ab_zps7bf06aa0.jpg

Also it would be nice that game has NPC character portraits on upper right screen and player portraits on down below like in those pictures i show you.

Here is some Pictures of characters i find from game Xenonauts they have really good cartonish realistic artist:

pz1a_zpsede35189.jpg

pz7_zpsc97ac6cd.jpg

pz6_zps74d1e3f1.jpg

pz5_zps33d27c2e.jpg

Please support my thread and maybe we will see those things in future upgrades of Project Zomboid.

I personally prefer the player health screen as it currently is - it's simple and you can determine if/where you've been bitten/scratched at a glance. There's not too much detail or colourfulness detracting from the basic information, and both the portrait and damage are not cluttered up by clothing or lots (more than you can presently use) bandages.

But that's just my 2 cents.

The portrait idea though, I quite like that.

I guess we wait and see what/how they come up with identifying NPCs around you, or in your group once the NPC reintegration update arrives (eventually).

I personally prefer the player health screen as it currently is - it's simple and you can determine if/where you've been bitten/scratched at a glance. There's not too much detail or colourfulness detracting from the basic information, and both the portrait and damage are not cluttered up by clothing or lots (more than you can presently use) bandages.

But that's just my 2 cents.

The portrait idea though, I quite like that.

I guess we wait and see what/how they come up with identifying NPCs around you, or in your group once the NPC reintegration update arrives (eventually).

No i want that player health screen looks simple too but old one has big head and big legs and i want it to be simple and more realistic just look at this picture i think it would look great in project zomboid cause  head is smaller and legs too:

pznew_zps45e09100.jpg

now look old one and see difference:

pz9_zps1ddf59f4.jpg

Head and legs is just too big and it needs to be smaller

No i want that player health screen looks simple too but old one has big head and big legs and i want it to be simple and more realistic just look at this picture i think it would look great in project zomboid cause  head is smaller and legs too:

pznew_zps45e09100.jpg

now look old one and see difference:

pz9_zps1ddf59f4.jpg

Head and legs is just too big and it needs to be smaller

I like the health screen proportions. Actually the one from NeoScavenger looks pretty wonky to me ... sometimes art style > realism.

I also have to say that I'm not a fan of the portraits. If you think about how many different Npcs we will meet in the final game there would be the need for (at least) a dozen portraits to even give the impression of different people. Even then, you would sooner or later come across the same portrait and that's what somehow would annoy me.

I like the health screen proportions. Actually the one from NeoScavenger looks pretty wonky to me ... sometimes art style > realism.

I also have to say that I'm not a fan of the portraits. If you think about how many different Npcs we will meet in the final game there would be the need for (at least) a dozen portraits to even give the impression of different people. Even then, you would sooner or later come across the same portrait and that's what somehow would annoy me.

lol well each to his own and btw portraits can be balanced in script so in 200 portraits one will never apear again on same game you been playing.

This is purely so you can faster recognize another NPC and love him more.

I was thinking of something completely different when I clicked on this thread. I support this idea, it would be cool to see facial expressions showing unhappiness or illness, would be funny to do stuff like beating an already dead zombie just to watch my avatars face wincing.

I was thinking of something completely different when I clicked on this thread. I support this idea, it would be cool to see facial expressions showing unhappiness or illness, would be funny to do stuff like beating an already dead zombie just to watch my avatars face wincing.

yea i was thinking the same thing and i saw it in game Dungeons of Dredmor.

Here is picture:

pz10_zpse47386ed.jpg

A virtual head which can express a range of human emotions.

The face can display emotions such as happiness, anger and fear, and changes its voice to suit the user's preference.

The health screen will be reworked when they overhaul the health system, I assume.

The current silhouette is a left-over from the old character sprites, that had fairly big heads.

Thats great finally some good news but what about player avatar portraits and NPC portraits will that be added too?

I like the idea of seeing my scratches and bandages on the health screen, but the NPC avatars don't fit in the games style imo. They do have somekind of nostalgic vibe to them though... plus the amount of art they would have to do to create even a dozen of faces with lets say 10 emotions (not to say 200x20)... which are both quite low amounts in regards of the idea and therefore wouldn't necesserily be a plus thing.

I also do think the inventory should still be somewhat revamped to be more realistic.

okay but i think developers have lots of time they arent reduced with time like big game companies that has to make game in time like their boss tell them.

How games like Dungeons of Dredmor, Might and Magic 8 and Jagged Alliance 2 succeded. They even can move lips and speak in Jagged Alliance or change avatar face so it looks dead like in Might and Magic 8.

This game could have only 3 animations for male and female showing normal state, poisoned and bloody face down below.

And faces are always same when you start new game for player.

I think it can be done they just need talented artist.

NPC dont have to have face animations if its too much to handle.

These are my 2 favorite games:

pz11_zps2544e2ef.jpg

pz12_zpsb5ec0d9f.jpg

Personally, I can remember as a kid playing Deus (old school first person exploration game, not related to Deus Ex etc). The equipment and health screens there were outstanding, still hold up well, and made it fun to bandage and sterilize wounds. And amputate arms and legs ;) ) I'm sure whatever the devs develop will work fine, but if it's of a similar nature and function to these, I'll be pretty freaking happy.

Check out a couple of screenies here - haven't posted directely as inept with technology:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/590

I like the idea of visually seeing your damage. The others sound good in theory, but the effort and time it may take to do it may not be worth it. The ones you posted in my opinion didn't look overly fantastic either. I think time would be needed to make them look good.

pz9_zps1ddf59f4.jpg

please change this

and finally i really hope health screen will look like this and maybe include some scars when wounded later and bandages:

MODERATOR ACTION: I spoiler'd the picture because it contains nudity, and some may not expect that in this thread :) - MP

projectzomboidmalefemale_zps0732f8df.png

Here is link to picture about how it would be nice to health inventory face looks like of female:

women__s_hair___set_2_by_dark_sheikah-d4

and some male faces

pz13_zpsb878c18a.jpg