TIPS for improving skills faster?

Skills improve faster if your survivor reads the relevant in-game books as are appropriate to their skill level.

You need to read the book twice though. First time you will get almost all the way through but it stops with ~20 pages to go. After it stops read it again and it will complete the last 20 pages and then your multiplier will be maxed out. If you don't finish the last 20 pages you will still have a multiplier but it will be a little less. 

Agility and Combat skills don't have book to read to get a multiplier to XP for that skill. You just have to use those. Crafting skills have books. 

for carpentry all u need is 1 plank, 1 window and a bunch of nail.

Baricade and unbaricade the window . baricade give u 3 xp, unbaricade give u 5. and u regain ur plank after unbaricading so u just need a bunch of nails :)

and like the other said read book .

If you want to save up the nails for better construction while leveling up carpentry, Just gather an axe and a saw. Then saw up bunch of logs.

seing how u end up with 500+ nail after raiding one storage building, and that you can baricade/unbarricade from the safety of ur safehouse,  i strongly advice against going into the wood to chop down amd saw log, ur gonna need to level a whole forest to gain ur lvl5, while  with my method all u need is around 300 nail once u read the carpentry book,

for carpentry all u need is 1 plank, 1 window and a bunch of nail.

Baricade and unbaricade the window . baricade give u 3 xp, unbaricade give u 5. and u regain ur plank after unbaricading so u just need a bunch of nails :)

and like the other said read book .

Good advice i'll try this!

• 4 weeks later...

Go for a jog every day for sprinting, sneak everywhere for nimble, sneak and light-footed (sneak and light-footed go up faster if there are more zombies, make sure you aren;t detected or you will not gain EXP!!)

For the crafting skills you need to find the appropriate skill book... Beginner<Intermediate<Advanced<Expert<Master

For weapon skills you need to kill lots of zombies! ^_^ But if you spam attack by holding left mouse button instead of charging you can gain 10-20 EXP per zombie with a bat and about 3-5 EXP for axe (Be warned, there is very little knock-back doing this, your chance of dying is greatly increased)

For reloading you absolutely need to use a shotgun instead of a pistol. 1 clip (15 bullets) = 1 EXP. Whereas you gain 1 EXP per shell for shotgun!! You can also try reloading your pistol after every shot to help improve your EXP per bullet with pistol.

For aiming you again just need to shoot lots of zombies. I like to save up a 100 bullets and then go downtown to use them. (I think you get 1 EXP per kill so if you use a shotgun you can get about 3-5 EXP per shell)

For leveling cooking, scavange a lot of rotten food after the power is out. I've gotten so much xp just by making rotten sandviches and salads.

I never thought of this and can't find the master cooking book... Might have to go back to Muldraugh!! Thanks man

Archived