RIP Wall

RegularX

I like it :D. Table pants ftw!

Perhaps refining the idea it could looks something like this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP Wall (you can delete entries as you choose, they can only be added by playing the game)

Kees, The Lumberjack                  -Read more                                                     (Most recently Deceased Character)

Rianne, Pewpew-Laserbeams      -Read more (Clickable)

Epic, Moonbeam                            -Read more

Eliza, Amaranth                             -Read more

...                                                                                                                         (Earliest Deceased Character)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When read more is clicked it displays....

_____________

Rianne, Pewpew-laserbeams                       |                         |

Age: 27                                                                        |                         |

Sex: Female                                                                |           Picture   |

Profession: Construction worker                                |                         |

Traits:                                                                          |_____________|

Thick Skinned, Handy

"Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have opened that door" (this is the 'last words' you write at the end)

Favourite Weapon: Golf Club

Favourite Food: Cooked Chicken

Miles Travelled: 17 miles

Structures/Barricades Built: 2

Zombies Killed: 24

Survivors Killed: 0

Survived For 5 days, 8 hour.

Died from Becoming zombie food at Burgers

Skills: (Listing Levels)

Blunt *

Blade

Aiming
Reloading

Carpentry *

Cooking **

Farming
Sprinting **
Lightfooted *
Nimble *
Sneaking **

Friends: (pretend NPCs Exist)

NPC 1

NPC 2 (dead)

NPC 3

Enemies:

NPC 4

NPC 5 (dead)

NPC 6 (dead)

(Now say we included my journal idea aswell: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/798-journals/)

Journal Entries:

Day 1: Ran half way across the town just to get to the Pile'o'crepes. Hopefully I can wall it off and live there. I found this book and thought i should begin writing in case something happens. I've taken up refugee in a house close by to the Pile'o'crepes, I'll clear zombies out and move in once I've finished barricading everything.

Day 3: went to investigate the pile'o'crepes and discovered and enormous horde. I was luckily able to escape and even more move them away from the shopping district. Things are looking up, I might be able to actually pull this off.

Day 4: Damn it! gunshot lured the zombies right through my safehouse. I was barely able to make it out alive. Right now about 20 zombies stand between me and all my suppies. I am currently hiding in the pile'o'crepes but realize I can't stay here for long. With no where to sleep I will eventually pass out. I need to find somewhere to sleep, perhaps one of the other stores will have chairs I can sleep in, I can only hope.

[End Entries]

This kind of setup doesn't limit your game to a single score, it does however give you details on how you lived. While one person might have survived 4 years 34 days and 20 hours another might have walked 1768 miles and another might have killed 2375 zombies and 500 survivors. one might have befriended all the NPCs and owned a fort having a miniature society in the middle of zombie territory, over 500 structures built (individual walls etc).

Point is there is no winner or better player because each character will have their strong and weak points. things they did better and things they did worse. This system is meant to reflect that as a wall to remember characters, instead of judging them.

• 6 months later...

+8

I really like this idea. Not as a scoreboard no no no. But definitely as some sort of memorial. A graveyard. And yeah, it should just be a menu option not like a physical graveyard you could go visit because that would make little sense...

aaaaannyway...unlikely that they'll add it but I think you become very attached to each character and it would be a great way to remember them, how they lived, how they died etc. 

Also, this>

Rianne, Pewpew-laserbeams 

"Forgotten Six survived 4 days and 2 hours. Died from food poisoning."

When you see rotten food, think MC Hammer... :cool:

Simon Loosebottom, survived 7 days and 10 hours.

Saw rotten food and got so distracted by thinking of MC Hammer and singing "can't touch this" in his head, that he got eaten alive.

Last words: 'duuuh duh di duh, can't touch aaaargh'

I like it :D. Table pants ftw!

Perhaps refining the idea it could looks something like this?

RIP Wall (you can delete entries as you choose, they can only be added by playing the game)

Kees, The Lumberjack                  -Read more                                                     (Most recently Deceased Character)

Rianne, Pewpew-Laserbeams      -Read more (Clickable)

Epic, Moonbeam                            -Read more

Eliza, Amaranth                             -Read more

...                                                                                                                         (Earliest Deceased Character)

When read more is clicked it displays....

_____________

Rianne, Pewpew-laserbeams                       |                         |

Age: 27                                                                        |                         |

Sex: Female                                                                |           Picture   |

Profession: Construction worker                                |                         |

Traits:                                                                          |_____________|

Thick Skinned, Handy

"Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have opened that door" (this is the 'last words' you write at the end)

Favourite Weapon: Golf Club

Favourite Food: Cooked Chicken

Miles Travelled: 17 miles

Structures/Barricades Built: 2

Zombies Killed: 24

Survivors Killed: 0

Survived For 5 days, 8 hour.

Died from Becoming zombie food at Burgers

Skills: (Listing Levels)

Blunt *

Blade

Aiming

Reloading

Carpentry *

Cooking **

Farming

Sprinting **

Lightfooted *

Nimble *

Sneaking **

Friends: (pretend NPCs Exist)

NPC 1

NPC 2 (dead)

NPC 3

Enemies:

NPC 4

NPC 5 (dead)

NPC 6 (dead)

(Now say we included my journal idea aswell: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/798-journals/)

Journal Entries:

Day 1: Ran half way across the town just to get to the Pile'o'crepes. Hopefully I can wall it off and live there. I found this book and thought i should begin writing in case something happens. I've taken up refugee in a house close by to the Pile'o'crepes, I'll clear zombies out and move in once I've finished barricading everything.

Day 3: went to investigate the pile'o'crepes and discovered and enormous horde. I was luckily able to escape and even more move them away from the shopping district. Things are looking up, I might be able to actually pull this off.

Day 4: Damn it! gunshot lured the zombies right through my safehouse. I was barely able to make it out alive. Right now about 20 zombies stand between me and all my suppies. I am currently hiding in the pile'o'crepes but realize I can't stay here for long. With no where to sleep I will eventually pass out. I need to find somewhere to sleep, perhaps one of the other stores will have chairs I can sleep in, I can only hope.

[End Entries]

This kind of setup doesn't limit your game to a single score, it does however give you details on how you lived. While one person might have survived 4 years 34 days and 20 hours another might have walked 1768 miles and another might have killed 2375 zombies and 500 survivors. one might have befriended all the NPCs and owned a fort having a miniature society in the middle of zombie territory, over 500 structures built (individual walls etc).

Point is there is no winner or better player because each character will have their strong and weak points. things they did better and things they did worse. This system is meant to reflect that as a wall to remember characters, instead of judging them.

this would be amazing

xD

I just think this Journal could become very large when u survive a good time (1 year, 2 years, 3 years)

• 2 months later...

I was thinking of suggesting a gravestone type thingy into the game to help remember how long people have survived, and I found this thread on my search before I created a new topic.

I want to add my two cents. It would definitely be appreciated on the multiplayer server to be able to view stats of who lived the longest and possibly how they died. i am thinking of accessing it by clicking on a gravestone, or maybe a menu item in options you can open at will.

It would give tangible bragging rights to the players on servers.

Other people might want a number tally, though I think the devs have spoken against adding any kind of kill counter to the game.  I'll go look.

There is already a killcounter in, for zeds and survivors -.-

I don't really understand the "fear of people playing the game just for score and don't understand how to play the game really". I think, different people are differently motivated to play a game. So, under this circumstance, you wouldn't win scorehunters as possible customers?

Beside this, isn't the ultimate goal, to survive long as possible in this game?

Edit: Lol

There really is no fear, just nuisance when people use cheap/safe tactics and find exploits in the game and then they just brag about it. I can already see players taking the light eater trait, and just finding a specific spot on the map and just camping there for points.

I don't know the direction this thread is going to, seems like everybody has a different idea. so I'm going to throw my 2 cents.

I think that at the end when you die, should display

1. how long you surived

2. how many zombies you killed

3. what it is you died from

4. maybe put this information above and under the center, so that you could take a screenshot of the corpse and its surroundings if you wanted to. THEN you can brag to your friends about how epic was your last stand.

I'm not hot about the memorial, but not against it either.