Is fence combat janky for others, too?

WrenchInThePlan

A few times I've been knocked back (once I was even knocked down) by zombies I thought I was standing behind lunging forwards.

At least twice now I've been pushed by a zombie only to basically do a U-turn when stumbling, causing me to careen into the path of another zombie. Neither time ended well.

Once I tried to stab a zombie that had just fallen over a fence. Only, instead of performing the ground stab like I hoped my character would do, she performed the backstab. Meaning she grabbed and stabbed the air.

A few times I've also tried to push or attack a zombie that's getting up only to stomp on the ground in front of them, again not making contact with my target at all.

Am I the only one experiencing issues regarding fighting zombies around low fences?

I do find targeting a zed on the ground after crawling over a fence or through a window can be a little iffy at times. Unless you hit the alt key to trigger a ground attack, the character will often attack as if it's a standing enemy, even if there are no other enemies around, and he's got the green outline as if he's being targeted.

Either that, or my timing is just way off.

Pay attention to your character movement, they will look down when it's good timing to hit the target.

Also, if there are multiple zombies near the fence, don't risk with stomping and just use your weapon.

Otherwise yes, I think fence lunging attack could use some polish.

Yeah I've expirienced all of this and I too find fence combat very janky, from stabbing air for no reason and getting knocked over for a very cheap death (unless you save yourself by reloading the world - leave for main menue and get into the save which feels cheezy) to weird hitbox problems where my character would miss even if I visually hit them, stomping and other weapons just noclip/ignore the zombies and doing some weird U turns just to give my back to a zombie which ends up in a bite or laceration 300% and let's not forget t he zombies slenderman arm reach wher they can trip you  even if you are far away from them.

It's broken just like annoying infinite 3 day cooldown zombie spawns, thankfully sandbox exist, I can play with fast shamblers that never magically respawn and don't know how to gather enough kinetic energy over a barbed wire to trip a nimble, graceful 105kg man.

Archived