TV Remotes Should Have Batteries

Sedgwick

Good day Survivors!

I propose that the TV Remote, a typically rare item to find in the usual loot settings in game, also provide a battery when you dismantle it. They don't even need to be 100% batteries, they could have varying amounts of charge left.

As they currently function, the TV remote dismantles into a 100% chance at a scrap electronic as well as a receiver. If it's a matter of balance, what makes sense to me would be a 50/50 chance of receiving a receiver or scrap electronic, and a very high chance at a random charge remaining battery. It's way more likely that, upon breaking down a remote, you'll end up with a functional battery than working components. And considering how uncommon it is to find these items over a long playthrough, it wouldn't end up being a game-breaking amount of batteries to find (radios would be way more common).

Especially for the time period, all TV remotes would need a battery to function. There's even the cliche of stealing batteries from a remote to use for other things when you've run out. In the apocalypse scavenging remotes would be a prime place for a guaranteed battery (but who knows how long it will last?). I had come to this realization with remotes and batteries when thinking about a no/low gas playthrough, where power that doesn't come from gasoline would be way more important. Let me know what you think about this suggestion, I'm sure there are many great ways that something little like this could be balanced around the quantity/chance of a battery and other parts but right now with no batteries it feels weird. Good luck out there survivors!

Edited by Sedgwick

• Sedgwick changed the title to TV Remotes Should Have Batteries

I think that the TV remote is too rare and necessary loot to disassemble it for the sake of the battery. I use the remote to make a remote for a remote bomb. These bombs help me cope with helicopter hordes of zombies.