Higher chance to find trash bag in a trash can

Cl0nec0mmand0

I liked this idea and didn't feel the need to comment until "cleaning" the bags came up. A trash bag is only "dirty" if you throw something organic (for lack of a better word; I'm sure you understand what I mean) into it, like old food, a carcass, vomit, etc. that would get some undesirable "goop" all over it. Boxes, papers, and other "unmessy" garbage do little to nothing to soil a trash bag.

I feel the added need to apply bleach to a trash bag is just another arbitrary resource sink and is pretty pointless in the scheme of things. Trashbags should be more commonly found in trash cans; plain and simple.

This is a good idea, but would make the whole rain collector overhaul kinda pointless, as you would need a trashcan but could literally just go outside to find one. At that point the only difference would be the small-big rain collector thing.

I liked this idea and didn't feel the need to comment until "cleaning" the bags came up. A trash bag is only "dirty" if you throw something organic (for lack of a better word; I'm sure you understand what I mean) into it, like old food, a carcass, vomit, etc. that would get some undesirable "goop" all over it. Boxes, papers, and other "unmessy" garbage do little to nothing to soil a trash bag.

I feel the added need to apply bleach to a trash bag is just another arbitrary resource sink and is pretty pointless in the scheme of things. Trashbags should be more commonly found in trash cans; plain and simple.

Sorry, should add a bit, you don't NEED to clean it but not doing so would give you a chance of having a dirty bag that could give you a bunch of horrible stuff. 

This is a good idea, but would make the whole rain collector overhaul kinda pointless, as you would need a trashcan but could literally just go outside to find one. At that point the only difference would be the small-big rain collector thing.

As I have said many times, realism before balance. In an urban setting collecting water is quite simple.

This is a good idea, but I don't think you'd need to bleach it. You could just turn the bag inside out and the nasty side would be touching the wood. I do think that these bags are way too rare too

I was thinking the same thing.

If you regularly use a garbage bag, and/or clean your rubbish bin, then the outside of the bag is probably cleaner than the inside of it. The bin then usually only gets messy when the bag has a hole in it.

This is a good idea, but I don't think you'd need to bleach it. You could just turn the bag inside out and the nasty side would be touching the wood. I do think that these bags are way too rare too

I was thinking the same thing.

If you regularly use a garbage bag, and/or clean your rubbish bin, then the outside of the bag is probably cleaner than the inside of it. The bin then usually only gets messy when the bag has a hole in it.

Having bags with holes in them would work well with the new repair system.

having exchanged garbage bags in public garbage cans for a while, I can tell you that you WOULD NOT want to use them as your water collection bag. I really like the idea of cleaning it with bleach and maybe let it dry outside or something like that... BUT I'd only make cans like this lootable for the big trash bags: here

having exchanged garbage bags in public garbage cans for a while, I can tell you that you WOULD NOT want to use them as your water collection bag. I really like the idea of cleaning it with bleach and maybe let it dry outside or something like that... BUT I'd only make cans like this lootable for the big trash bags: here

Yeah, did feel people were a bit optimistic about the state of bags.

I feel theadded need to apply bleach to a trash bag is just another arbitrary resource sink and is pretty pointless in the scheme of things. Trashbags should be more commonly found in trash cans; plain and simple.

Sorry, should add a bit, you don't NEED to clean it but not doing so would give you a chance of having a dirty bag that could give you a bunch of horrible stuff.

That would be a really awkward mechanic; in real life you can look at a bag and see if it's dirty. That doesn't really work in game, and assigning and arbitrary chance to get sick would be pretty shitty.

I'm against cleaning bags in general- too much micromanagement and too close to the reason. We avoid hygiene- it adds little to no gameplay value. Let's just assume our characters skip over the dirt bags?

Rathlord, why does your picture look like the dark Sora from Kingdom Hearts 1?

It's Vincent Valentine's face (from Final Fantasy VII) when chaos takes over. The face is interposed with a wolf outline, and set against the moon backdrop. I did it with a program called Gimp that's much like Photoshop. It does look a lot like the shadow Sora, or the rare heartless Sora mode you could get in KH2. Never noticed that before.

Rathlord, why does your picture look like the dark Sora from Kingdom Hearts 1?

It's Vincent Valentine's face (from Final Fantasy VII) when chaos takes over. The face is interposed with a wolf outline, and set against the moon backdrop. I did it with a program called Gimp that's much like Photoshop. It does look a lot like the shadow Sora, or the rare heartless Sora mode you could get in KH2. Never noticed that before.

To be fair, any silhouette with spiky hair and yellow eyes could be mistaken for Anti-Sora. Silhouettes are funny like that.

I feel theadded need to apply bleach to a trash bag is just another arbitrary resource sink and is pretty pointless in the scheme of things. Trashbags should be more commonly found in trash cans; plain and simple.

That would be a really awkward mechanic; in real life you can look at a bag and see if it's dirty. That doesn't really work in game, and assigning and arbitrary chance to get sick would be pretty shitty.

I'm against cleaning bags in general- too much micromanagement and too close to the reason. We avoid hygiene- it adds little to no gameplay value. Let's just assume our characters skip over the dirt bags?

Yeah, but maybe if the bag had dirty in its name it would solve this. Players without bleach could skip over the bag if they find it, or ones where it is the only bag they found can just clean it. Players that didn't bother to do either would get sick.

Yeah, but maybe if the bag had dirty in its name it would solve this. Players without bleach could skip over the bag if they find it, or ones where it is the only bag they found can just clean it. Players that didn't bother to do either would get sick.

Get sick maybe the first time they used it. You could just dump it out after a rainstorm and that'd get all the solid stuff off. Unless people chuck chemicals in their trash like me...I mean what

This whole clean vs dirty water really amuses me.  So all water in the game is clean.  In the real world, that is not the case.  You have potable and non-potable water.  Potable is what you can drink, non-potable is not for drinking.  Non-potable you can you to bathe with, just don't brush your teeth with it (or rinse out your eyes or get any in your ears).

Lets say I get a trash bag fouled with food waste.  Fine.  Clean out the bag as best I can.  Then make that rain barrel for non-potable water and just water the crops with it.  Also, if you put some container in there to remove the water, you don't want to go putting that into a clean water source for fear of fouling your potable water supply.

Seems like it would relatively easy to code.  A non-potable container can only "create or contain" non-potable water.  Leave everything else along.  Also, drinking non-potable water is just like regular water... except is can make you sick.  Like dysentery sick, which kills more people on the planet than anything else, ever.