At all possible to survive a bite?

Torn

... I don't think construction worker career works like that.

If you were bitten, chance for infection is at 96% (wiki) for every player/career.

But with "thick skinned"-trait you are less likely to get scratched (or bitten?) than the average guy next door :)

Yep, the construction worker just has the skin of Kevlar, but once bitten, doesn't actually help in the situation. 

That's pretty much it. I believe that scratches and bites have a base percentage of chance, much like the ability to become infected uses percentages. The Construction worker will lower the percentage of chance and that's it. At least I believe that's it, I could be wrong on that point.

So I just had an epic battle with about 15 zombies and took them all out with an axe. And then a crawler, who I couldn't see under the mound of corpses on the ground, bit me.   :angry:

I'm at 2.5 months, I don't want to die :( Is there any % chance a bite will not zombify you? I bandaged up and haven't got any sickness symptoms yet, it's been just over 1 day

Not sure how good you are with timing, but i think the best weapons are the knives. Insta-kill at close range. Tis what i prefer to use over the axe.

You have a higher chance of getting bit, though that is only a starting wep/ a wep you should use when you disable zombification.

Does anyone know how the resilient trait affects the chance of zombification?

The resilient trait doesn't affect the chance of zombification, it only slows it down. 

Well, it says "Less prone to disease. Slower rate of zombification." My interpretation of that is that zombification is a disease and therefore you might be less prone to it with the trait.

It's kind of unclear just based on the tooltip and I haven't found any guide, wiki article, or developer comment that clarifies that matter more. You might be right but I'd like to know if you have a source for that information, or possibly hear a developer confirm this. If it doesn't reduce the chance of zombification from a bite or a scratch, then I would definitely take a different trait instead.

The resilient trait doesn't affect the chance of zombification, it only slows it down. 

Well, it says "Less prone to disease. Slower rate of zombification." My interpretation of that is that zombification is a disease and therefore you might be less prone to it with the trait.

It's kind of unclear just based on the tooltip and I haven't found any guide, wiki article, or developer comment that clarifies that matter more. You might be right but I'd like to know if you have a source for that information, or possibly hear a developer confirm this. If it doesn't reduce the chance of zombification from a bite or a scratch, then I would definitely take a different trait instead.

With disease it could with stuff like catching a cold, or have nausea? Rather than zombiefication.

With disease it could with stuff like catching a cold, or have nausea? Rather than zombiefication.

Yeah. I could see it going either way, so some clarification would be nice.

Just survived my first bite, i wrote about it as a short story but I accidentally deleted it . . . Let's just say I had just survived a month on my current character and it was again, due to laziness. You really have to remember to stay on you toes when fighting zeds, but thankfully I got lucky this time and miraculously survived the percentages. It couldn't have happened at a better time! :D

I got bitten once and scratched 3 times. I ran away and then bandaged all three areas (bite and scratch same area) and then decided to go on a suicide mission. I ran from the north middle of West Point, shooting my pistol along the way and ran to the 3 story office building adjacent to the food market in downtown WP.  I barely made it up the three flights of stairs. I closed the door behind me and went out on the balcony and was going to fire my pistol to draw a big horde. I discovered that I fired off all 40 rounds.

Discouraged I decided to look around a little. I drank some water, found a couch (was exhausted) and went to sleep expecting to die in my sleep or wake up to a horde. When I woke up I had no negative symptoms. I also had no ammo and was in the middle of downtown WP at 1:00 a.m. I could still hear zombies thumping away trying to break in. I made my way down the central interior stairs to the front doors. At least they were clear, the zombies must still be at the staircase door. I decided to make a run north to the river and then follow it west until I was due north of my safe house. I made my way and returned to my safe house.

I am alive. I have no symptoms. Don't assume you are going to die from a bite. I think if you get nauseous if you are infected. I never got sick, just pain and that went away. I am amazed I survived the bite and the suicide run and the run back from the suicide run. It would have been tragic to survive the bite and then go on to get killed on the return trip when I was not infected.

Best game so far was just over a month; I survived 2 bites on 2 separate occasions (was construction worker), then died to a scratch. No hard evidence, but my observations suggest that the constuction worker trait increases your chances of surviving a bite.