Axes and West Point... (Map Spoilers?)

Tooks

Do you have time?  Are you relatively safe from zombies for a while?  Are you ok with this taking longer?

Ok... you don't need an axe.  Any weapon can take down a tree, eventually.  Axes are just much much faster.

A hammer will get the job done in about 4 * the time; it goes downhill from there...  nailbat is better than golf club.  Golf club is better than kitchen knife.

Don't ask about the fork.  Or do, what do I care.   It's my signature after all.  True story.

160 hits with a fork will give you 2 logs from a tree... and take forever. 

And the tines of the fork; bent all to hell.

Don't believe me?  Start a new sandbox game without zombies; spend an in-game hour whaling on a tree with a fork... laugh as it goes down.

I was doing some tests with "strength xp" and trying to remove the negative strength perks to see what that would take.

It takes beating a lot of trees with a fork.  For a long long time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found an ax in the gun store behind twiggy's before, there's lots of good stuff in that place! it has a burglar alarm though, so its a good idea to find the shotgun quick once you get inside!

is that alarm definite? Alarms are random as far as I know. But It was alarmed for me too but I've only been in it once.

I've found an ax in the gun store behind twiggy's before, there's lots of good stuff in that place! it has a burglar alarm though, so its a good idea to find the shotgun quick once you get inside!

is that alarm definite? Alarms are random as far as I know. But It was alarmed for me too but I've only been in it once.

It seems to happen more often then not, so I think so, I'm really not sure though.

Hmmm.... the loot in West Point is a bit... screwy at the moment. Same thing happened to me in the police station - all there was were items of clothing and not one single gun or bullet. There seems to be hammers, saw's and nails in that area though. 

I've been taking the trip back to Muldraugh when i can't find something i need. The journey really isn't that far if you set out early in the morning and plan it well - takes 2 - 3 days with stopovers in dixie and the warehouse. 

What i did was wait until there were numerous items i needed - for example, i'm just on a return trip because i couldn't find a shovel, sledge, axe and the nail supply in WP is dwindling. Needless to say i found everything i needed at the warehouse and hope soon to be able to remove some dead plants and break in to that damned gun shop!! :D 

PlasticandRage/Tooks:

Thank you for the clarification, I was actually in there but didn't check the shelves because I was expecting to find crates. I thought I had just entered the food market so I just tried the other door and found a ton of magazines. Anyway, five minutes ago I went through all shelves and - you guessed it. No axe. I'm gonna wait for an update, I've got a ton of IRL university stuff I have to prioritize right now anyway  :)

160 hits with a fork will give you 2 logs from a tree... and take forever. 

Well, I have to said, hahahahahaha, Sir, you made my day with that post (still laughing)... that was a hell of a investigating job mate, I´ve been playing Pz since first Desura builds, and I read a lot of crazy actions from crazy people, but you, you mate are fucking master of the universe (:D). If you can do that with a bloody fork, I don't believe there´s a power in the verse can stop you, Devs should put a golden fork in the game with your nick, like excalibur stuff, just amazing., clyde for you.

(clyde)

About Axes, I think Fireman should have better spawn chance or spawn with it (yeah, some people go bed with hammers, I go with my axe :P),

I always use traits designed to use an axe (strengh, stealth, deaf, blind, bad drink) and problem is always find it. It´s true WP loot is non balanced yet, so it´s just a matter of time I suppose.

I saw your post regarding attacking trees with a fork for hours. How have you not gone insane?

Um... so in your view beating a tree with a fork is "NOT insane"?

I'm not sure I want to know what you'd actually call "already insane" if beating on trees with a fork isn't it.

I saw your post regarding attacking trees with a fork for hours. How have you not gone insane?

Um... so in your view beating a tree with a fork is "NOT insane"?

I'm not sure I want to know what you'd actually call "already insane" if beating on trees with a fork isn't it.

Fair point

Just found 3 axes, (and I already had 1), 1 shotgun, a pistol, and quite a bit of ammo......thank god for the sledgehammer and the Guns & Ammo store! :-D

While beating up some Zeds to increase my skill points I found 2 Axes amongst the dead. I run 3 DAYS to find one and then the games just like 'Oh those old things? We have loads! here have some' x_x

I finally got my sledge last night too. I decided to try and work garages in the western residential area, despite the clear danger, and was scratched about 20 minutes into it. So I took off and waited a couple days to see if I was going to get sick, and when I didn't I bit the bullet and ran to Muldraugh. Actually ended up being totally worth while. Took me 3 days total from my front door to my front door. Found a bunch of barbed wire too, which I didn't even know was in the vanilla game yet.

If you decide to make the run, don't plan on sleeping here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6879123264019135,0.1811621815552883,46.005119909369675 unless you have a tent, and are carrying means of barricading yourself in. It's really not a safe area at all. The only building there that even has a remotely safe room to sleep in has no furniture to sleep on, and of course I didn't have a tent with me. Didn't have enough tent pegs before my trip to make one.

I'm going to go smash that gun shop's walls to shit. Stupid smug walls. Thinking they had me beat.

You could edit the items-file, and make it so that it is possible to find an axe in for example

kitchens or bedrooms, or whatever you want. You can give it a 0.1 chance and it will not

be game breaking or destroying your immersion. Or you can sprinkle axes all over, it's

your decision really.

The file you are looking for is SuburbsDistributions.lua and can be found here:

C:\ ... \Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\Items

You have to hardcode it into the game. But all you need is wordpad or a txt-editor.

Let me know if you need help.

Good luck.

Just found 3 axes, (and I already had 1), 1 shotgun, a pistol, and quite a bit of ammo......thank god for the sledgehammer and the Guns & Ammo store! :-D

I guess unfairness is a realistic part of the apocalypse :unsure:

Yes......yes it is!  :)

Now if only I could find a damn saw!  :angry:

Yeah, so if you're looking for pretty much anything necessary for construction, or ammo/weapons, finding a sledge should be your top priority. I just found 4 axes, about 100 rounds of mixed ammo, 2 shotguns, about 50 nails, and an additional sledge in the gun shop. The front room is all weapons, then there's a back room with crates and shelves that have construction supplies. It was a gold mine.

Once you can break down the walls the self-storage building more than doubles in the amount of crates it offers too. There's a couple rooms on the western side of the building that are just full of crates. Was totally worth the trip to Muldraugh for a sledge.

I guess unfairness is a realistic part of the apocalypse :unsure:

Yes......yes it is!  :)

Now if only I could find a damn saw!  :angry:

West point, Saws?

Garages... they won't have axes, or sledgehammers, or trowels, or spades, or any of that.   And they have more hammers than anyone could need... but they do have a small (but not zero) chance of having a saw and a screwdriver along with the hammers/nails/planks.

Oh, and EVERY container in every garage I've been in has the same "loot table".  There's an "all" appelation on that group in the items file that carries everything.

But you need an axe, a sledge, a trowel?  Those require luck.  Hope the "construction" buildings (not garages) have something in the crates.

Maybe 1/3 of the 2-story buildings in the "nice" area of town have a small closet with a crate instead of a metal shelf... and maybe 1/5 houses have a "remodel" room upstairs, with 5-7 crates in it.  And there's one or two (one I know had a "for sale" sign) that have no furniture and just 4-5 crates and some shelves.

• 2 months later...

I walked...

All the way to Muldraugh...

For a saw...

I came back...

And i went into the hardware store and there are like 7 of them.

Developers, can you please make the store more visible in the next update?

I'm sure they will make large blinking arrows pointing to it and a neon billboard that says "Here be saws".

I walked...

For a saw...

I came back...

I'm sure they will make large blinking arrows pointing to it and a neon billboard that says "Here be saws".

LOL

I mean like, moving it to it's own lot, or spreading the buildings out a little?

I walked...

For a saw...

I came back...

I don't see why they should do that when it was basically the players fault