Having trouble getting into the game..

Fethac

Question

Just got the game from desura, but am having a heck of a time getting it past the intro screen would be my best guess. It just loads the java window, and a picture of a dude holding a woman while suspenseful music plays in the background in a loop. Tried re-installing 32 and 64 bit versions of java, resetting my pc and running it in all 4 modes (32 safe/32 and 64 safe/64). I'm running windows 7 64 bit. I do get the  "java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified" error at the end of the java window.

I've attached a screenshot of what I get. Any help would be appreciated, I would love to play this game!

post-519-0-65742000-1375016330_thumb.gif

10 answers to this question

Well figured it out, and normally this would have been something I would have tried to begin with, but it all came down to just setting the exe to run as an admin. Thanks for the help though folks!  :)

Now for the pesky controller setup hehe..

a friend of mine got the same error when opening the .zip with winRar (or a familiar program). Try to put the .zip contents in a folder on your desktop / documents / downloads folder and try again.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Which zip? If you are talking about the game itself, I am using the version that Desura installs, I figured it would be the latest one. If your talking about the java runtimes, I tried putting them in the same directory as the game to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion though! I have a sneaky suspicion that I am having problems due to me using a secondary hard drive for my program files, as Desura already complains there isn't enough space on my C drive even though I have it using a completely separate drive.

Desura's client sometimes doesn't install things all that "right." Sometimes, perhaps we can even call it "wrong."

Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Desura\Common\ and delete the Project Zomboid folder then re-install the game. (Location may very by computer e.g. %ProgramFiles%).

If this issue continues to persist, http://www.desura.co...omboid/download has a stand-alone version of the game.

Archived