More guns

andreslucero

Only real firearm changes I could see working? Some silencers, semi-auto and bolt action hunting rifles, and crossbows/bows. Enough variety in gameplay, weapon handling, and the like without having to implement large amounts of differing ammo types.

Military gear? Could be brilliant in establishing a narrative, but not from a survivalist standpoint. After all, if you find a dead squad of soldiers, odds are they've already gone through all their ammo because, you know, they're dead. Besides, how are you going to lug an MG around? Only way I can see military stuff working is as extremely rare equipment in multiplayer, used for defending a survivor compound. Or a source of parts. E.g: A wrecked humvee with a .50 cal on top. Crack open the bullets for powder and make homemade grenades, strip the gun for parts/scrap (springs and the like I guess) to keep your existing gear running, and so on.

Err.. somewhat of a rant over. Though, one thing I'd like to see? A lootable/craftable bandolier/pouch/quiver/fannypack. Something ideal for storing ammunition close at hand without the need to rummage through a backpack for reloads. Probably give a slight buff to the speed with which you can move the items in and out for said containers.

Okay. Rant really over. :P

Plus full-auto rifles can go through thousands of bullets a minute. Good luck finding enough to make that worth while XD

Any assault rifle that would be added in the game would probably only be useful to have if it was a semi-automatic. Sure, a full auto weapon is a great weapon if you're looking to strike fear in the hearts of your enemies by throwing a quick barrage of hot lead in their direction. But the situations in Project Zomboid need accuracy over sheer stopping power.

Maybe let us switch between fire modes? I'm fairly certain a military standard issue assault rifle has multiple fire modes.

Guns really shouldn't be focused on.

If they add more they have to be generic ones, like others say sniper, pistol, shotgun. Generic

We don't need these attatchments like silencers, the point of a gun in this game is for last resorts, you wanna attract the hoard to defend yourself?

I don't care what makeshift silencer exists in the world the idea is stupid, and the idea some average person knows to throw a shirt in a bottle.

I don't get everyones obsession over the weapons.
I rather see a medicine overhaul, or the 3D engine, the NPC's.

Not adding more guns in the game because people need them for no reason.

Guns really shouldn't be focused on.

If they add more they have to be generic ones, like others say sniper, pistol, shotgun. Generic

We don't need these attatchments like silencers, the point of a gun in this game is for last resorts, you wanna attract the hoard to defend yourself?

I don't care what makeshift silencer exists in the world the idea is stupid, and the idea some average person knows to throw a shirt in a bottle.

I don't get everyones obsession over the weapons.

I rather see a medicine overhaul, or the 3D engine, the NPC's.

Not adding more guns in the game because people need them for no reason.

Fun? I mean really, what if I get to the point where I can't survive any longer and want to go out in a blaze of glory, marching down the street with a full/semi-auto military assault rifle, pouring rounds into the horde until I hear that fate-sealing "click." Then I just whip out my bat and swing away until I'm eaten. And makeshift silencers are easy as hell to think of, and would be useful for getting out of a situation in a pinch without pinpointing your location as dinner for all the zeds around you. I would like to see things like NPCs and the 3D engine, yes, but I also think weaponry, mainly firearms, need to be given some love as well.

You can already go out in a blaze of glory just like you described, though. The only thing adding in any large range of weaponry accomplishes is the worst kind of Call of Duty fan service and misrepresenting what this game is about to new customers. As is I'm not entirely sure if people "get" PZ who are asking for stuff like this. Luckily, though, we have an excellent modding community and I'm fairly sure there's at least one gun mod either done or being worked on.

You can already go out in a blaze of glory just like you described, though. The only thing adding in any large range of weaponry accomplishes is the worst kind of Call of Duty fan service and misrepresenting what this game is about to new customers. As is I'm not entirely sure if people "get" PZ who are asking for stuff like this. Luckily, though, we have an excellent modding community and I'm fairly sure there's at least one gun mod either done or being worked on.

Good point. I still say we do need a few more firearms, just for variety. Not a wide array of guns to build a fucking arsenal. Really all I wanna see is an assault rifle, and a regular rifle added in. Maybe a civilian variant of the assault rifle and a revolver too. Just a few more things that'll add to the experience. That and you gotta think, what if two groups of survivors end up getting into a heavy dispute and it ends in a gunfight? You'd want some variation. And then there's the military who need their assault rifles.

Good point. I still say we do need a few more firearms, just for variety. Not a wide array of guns to build a fucking arsenal. Really all I wanna see is an assault rifle, and a regular rifle added in. Maybe a civilian variant of the assault rifle and a revolver too. Just a few more things that'll add to the experience. That and you gotta think, what if two groups of survivors end up getting into a heavy dispute and it ends in a gunfight? You'd want some variation. And then there's the military who need their assault rifles.

Generic Variety. And keep it as low as it could be.

The fully automatic rifle in this game is a completely wrong direction to go.

Probably would be pretty reasonable to have a few more powerful guns in Fort Knox. Would need a higher zombie population to balance it out though. Not sure how they're going to explain a military base barely having any ammo in it.

Can't have too many guns though, or there's nothing to stop you from going on a shooting rampage and killing every zombie in the city.

Don't see the point of having more than one type of any gun either. It's just unnecessary and potentially confusing.

There may well be a decent amount of guns and ammo in Knox. I'd attempt to balance it (if it were me) by having the area massively infected, and the chance that a military patrol might stroll by and blow your brains out at any moment. Not to mention I'm sure Knox has top notch security, so you might get all the way there and then not even be able to get into the armory.

im confused as to why people want so many gun type, im using the pistol when i got too much ammo and want to do some zombie genocide, and from what ive seen after firing 400+ shot  the pistol kill zombie in 1 shot anyway 95% of the time. so what more can we get , unless u had a miss fortune kind of gun and the shot ricochet to 1 zombie behind ur target !!!!! ^_^

There may well be a decent amount of guns and ammo in Knox. I'd attempt to balance it (if it were me) by having the area massively infected, and the chance that a military patrol might stroll by and blow your brains out at any moment. Not to mention I'm sure Knox has top notch security, so you might get all the way there and then not even be able to get into the armory.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, really. The full auto rifle would at least be reasonable because the military have full/burst rifles. One big thing is not having the military be uber crack shots that can murder you at a glance. I know they're the military, but this would be a gameplay over realism moment. Yeah, realistically if a military patrol was hostile they could mow your ass down, but that would be annoying.

This was mentioned by Lemmy a loooooooong time ago. He mentioned that with the AI director, instead of just getting shot in the back of the head when an NPC sneaks up on you, you'd likely get shot in the foot or missed instead. The game *should* give you a fighting chance.

This was mentioned by Lemmy a loooooooong time ago. He mentioned that with the AI director, instead of just getting shot in the back of the head when an NPC sneaks up on you, you'd likely get shot in the foot or missed instead. The game *should* give you a fighting chance.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd probably explain the Military's lack of insanely good aim as them being uneasy because the fucking dead are up and about, eating people.

1:  Probably would be pretty reasonable to have a few more powerful guns in Fort Knox. Would need a higher zombie population to balance it out             though. Not sure how they're going to explain a military base barely having any ammo in it.

2:  Can't have too many guns though, or there's nothing to stop you from going on a shooting rampage and killing every zombie in the city.

3:   Don't see the point of having more than one type of any gun either. It's just unnecessary and potentially confusing.

1: Simple-supply lines fall apart, army uses up their remaining ammo (it would not last long), then get overrun and eaten.

2: I should be semi possible to do this but you would have to loot a HUGE (say the entirety of West Point) area to find enough ammo. It could be further balanced by zombies moving around into the cleared area from other towns.

3: Are you talking about having multiple types of pistols (Glock, COLT, Beretta) and other guns or are you saying there should just be one type of firearm? 

Devs should explain why they don't want more guns. Just because they are devs doesn't mean they mastered critical thinking, or know what they are doing 100% of the time. Thats why there should be some communication with the community. You might actually be grateful for opposing ideas, or people who can think outside of the box.

No Named guns? I can only assume there is some out of game reason for this. Maybe the names are copyrighted, or they need special permission. Or they just hate labels, and don't want counterstrike/cod fans playing their game.

1 type of ammunition. Sure this is a good idea. Less dev work, keep it simple, nothing overly complex makes it enjoyable.

So whats wrong with a machine gun? If the ammo is scarse then the focus is still on survival. It's not like I'll have unlimited machine gun clips to clear out the whole city. But it might save my life If I'm cornered in a room with 15 zombies and no escape. And it might be the only clip I find in my whole 365 days in the game. The point isn't oh it wont be useful if the clips are so rare. The point is that its fucking awesome to find a machine gun. =) And it makes the game seem more detailed and contain more variety, even if there is 1 ammo type for 3 different machine guns.

A bazooka would be fun. Or even grenades. The game is meant to be fun right? Finding 1 grenade won't kill the spirit of the game. It will just be funny to watch 10 zombies fly from an explosion. There is a chance you blow yourself up too. It can also maybe destroy a wall.

Some wardrobe enhancements will go along way. They dont even need to confer bonuses, Just allow enough variety in clothing so people can role play.

I'm not entirely the devs ever said 'no automatic weaponry.'

I feel pretty confident they did say why they wanted no named weaponry, however. Just because it hasn't been quoted in this thread doesn't mean they didn't go into detail =D

They're always open to discussion and people question them about their policies constantly.

I encourage you to check the thread here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ and pay special attention to the links below, which actually have many of the dev quotes.