House Alarms Improvements

vonVile

Here's 2 suggestions that solve 2 problems that annoy me in the game.

1. Have zombies be able to trip house alarms. In one game I saw that zombies had already entered a house, so I thought it was safe to enter without a problem. I go though a broken window and all of a sudden the alarm goes off. I'm like "WTF!?"

2. When power goes out, so should house alarms. I had this one game where I lost power on the second day. I go into a house like a week later and the alarm goes off. That shouldn't be possible for the fact how quickly batteries drain in the game.

3. Houses have actual alarm to turn off. I suggested this before a long time ago. Now that the game has random burnt down houses it can now be possible to make an alarmed house, that has an alarm hidden someplace inside to disable.

Edited by vonVile

1) This happens to me a lot. I've always thought it strange how the zombies don't set off the alarm

2) I agree this would make sense, but I guess it adds an extra challenge to the game and make entering buildings always have that element of fear that one may go off

3) I'd like to see that. Maybe an electrical box on each house/street we could dismantle with the electrician trait, that would turn off lights and alarms on that house/street. Maybe even overright the alarm system so when you enter a house, it gives off a quiet beeping that alerts nearby zed's, then after say 10 beeps/seconds it sets the full alarm off. We would then have 10 seconds to find the alarm in the house and dismantle it with electrician skill, maybe with faster dismantling depending on your skill level in electrical.

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 5:36 AM, Ocelot said:

3) I'd like to see that. Maybe an electrical box on each house/street we could dismantle with the electrician trait, that would turn off lights and alarms on that house/street. Maybe even overright the alarm system so when you enter a house, it gives off a quiet beeping that alerts nearby zed's, then after say 10 beeps/seconds it sets the full alarm off. We would then have 10 seconds to find the alarm in the house and dismantle it with electrician skill, maybe with faster dismantling depending on your skill level in electrical.

I was just reading people talk about electrical being new and really, still in development. Transformer boxes/fuse boxes/interactive alarms would do wonders for this skill.

• 1 month later...

I do like the idea of expanding the roles of underused classes like electrician and engineer. In this case, I'd say that the alarm should always be right by the front door of the house, and perhaps have an alarm panel at the back door too, if there is one. House alarms are rare enough that, for the ability to disable house alarms to be useful, the alarm panel should always be in the same place from house to house. Having to run and find it would be a bit taxing, not to mention dangerous if the house was inhabited.