I do not see the character. Black screen

Overfault

Question

12 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Popsalot said:

dont expect a fix for it any time this century. devs are non existent. 

I do not believe that there is no solution .I changed the Java , updated drivers , but nothing helps , even -safemode. There must be at least something else.

11 minutes ago, Teesee said:

Don't worry, they'll get to you ASAP. It's Sunday, so I wouldn't expect an immediate answer. And don't mind Popsalot, he's been ranting everywhere for the past 15 minutes.

Thank you. I will wait for a response

UPD:  

I have downloaded the older version and it worked. But I would like to solve the problem with the current version , because it turns out the problem is not in the computer , and the game itself

Heya, can you try going into your Steam library, right clicking the game and selecting "properties," and disabling the Steam overlway with the checkbox there? Hopefully that should sort it, otherwise there's several other things we can try as well. Let me know how you come out. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Rathlord said:

Heya, can you try going into your Steam library, right clicking the game and selecting "properties," and disabling the Steam overlway with the checkbox there? Hopefully that should sort it, otherwise there's several other things we can try as well. Let me know how you come out. Cheers!

Hi! 

Unfortunately it did not work , there are other options?

4 hours ago, Overfault said:

Hi! 

Unfortunately it did not work , there are other options?

Yes! From the main menu, also try disabling 3D Models, Zoom, and Shaders and see if that sorts it. If not let me know and we'll keep on working until we can figure it out!

16 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

So does everything  show up when the new textures are disabled? 2x textures to no in options and texture compression to yes.

No, still the same.

I have no idea if this pertains to the current version but I've had the same bug when i have tried entering the Redboid server. So how i fixed it was sitting and waiting, give it 5-20 mins. So i recommend poppin' out a juice box and trying it out, see if it fixes it. if it doesn't let me know!

much love <3

Having the exact same problem on one computer, but not the other... I noticed that an error showed in the terminal: " can't find mapobjects file: media/maps/challengemaps/Challenge1/objects.lua " on the computer that isn't loading it. If it helps, the computer that is having problems did not have the game installed prior to today. Maybe some files got excluded somehow?

Archived