How do we tell a map's age?

Blake81

I've been wondering this for a while now, but is there any way to know how much time has gone in a map since we first created it?

I know that the survivors have the ''Survived for X Days'' stat, but as we usually make new survivors on each map once the previous one got chewed on Zed, it's quite easy to lose the count. The main reason I wanna keep that count is to listen to the Radio events that happen on certain timed thresholds (1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc).

The number of buildings covered by vines or cracked, trees growing out of forest, road tiles with grass... maybe those will help you guessing the age of the map.

But I have no idea about counting exact days. Maybe you can leave doodles telling how many days he survived before every character's death.

You can use this code to read the map of Age

Full Code

function OnKeyPressed(key) --Detection of key eventslocal WorldAge = tonumber(string.match(getGameTime():getWorldAgeHours(), "%d+")) --Save data as variable  if key==199 then --Check the key press   print ("" .. WorldAge); --Print World Age  endendEvents.OnKeyPressed.Add(OnKeyPressed); --key Trigger event

Call the code, press the Home key in the game it will print out a map of age on the console

Hmm, all that makes sense. Maybe I should write it down next time; it could give a good use to all those empty notebooks other than serving as kindling.

Gotta keep your fishing records too!

I also keep one that has the skill books that I still need to loot, so I can quickly reference which books are a priority to bring back and which aren't.

Archived