My epic tale of vengeance - The Division Beta

Kitt Frostpaws

So for context, I'm in The Division closed beta and I quite often explore the PvP zone as it's absolutely amazing for atmosphere and also the best loot I've seen on there.

I wasn't in a group, I was solo but I occasionally ended up having to work with other players to find the guys I was hunting.

So basically, I found these guys struggling with a PvE combat area in the Dark Zone, so I go in and help them out - even pick one up when he got downed; I could have easily killed him but I didn't.

So we help each-other out and make our way back to the extraction, where we call in the helicopter and defend each-others goods. The helicopter arrives and just as I'm about to put mine on the line to be hauled off for treatment - They kill me.

So here I am, royally fucked off with these guys and annoyed that I just lost some really good loot. I decide to go back and take my shit back - only to find the sods actually stole it and sent it on the helicopter.

With no loot and plenty of ammo I decide to go on a hunt. For an hour I followed these guys and watched them just mow down everybody (including me, multiple times. The arseholes.) Eventually I come down a back alleyway they had just come through, his friend had been killed and the only one left is the guy who killed me himself; With no medkits on him and shit out of luck I begin to open fire on them, lowering his health to about a quarter when he suddenly darts around the corner and up the stairs. I pursue the thieving bastard and dart up the nearest stairs as I continue to open fire on him - the same time he starts firing that LMG of is.

Then the unthinkable happens - My automatic rifle runs out of ammo; So I'm here with barely any health left and this guy is almost dead. I auto-switch to my bolt-action rifle, headshot the fucker into a downed state and then begin to pistol whip him to death. For killing him I got all his PvP currency - of which (I think) you get 25 per kill. He had one thousand. I bolt for the nearest safe checkpoint to spend all his currency and announce myself the victor.

TL;DR

- Guys Betrayed Me (After I helped them)

- I spend an hour and a half hunting them down

- I get my vengeance in an epic-standoff

- also all of the final guys PvP currency

So after watching a review for a game its bottom line message is that you shouldn't trust any one and you wont last long without someone to trust at the same time lol

Ehh.. Not really, I've met plenty of people in the Dark Zones who have simply waved at me, then went on their way.

So after watching a review for a game its bottom line message is that you shouldn't trust any one and you wont last long without someone to trust at the same time lol

Ehh.. Not really, I've met plenty of people in the Dark Zones who have simply waved at me, then went on their way.

No idea what game it is that you're talking about, but I like the story!

Is the game like nether?

Ehh.. It's hard to explain.

The Dark Zone is kind of like Nether/DayZ but with PvE areas dotted around and PvP enabled. I've had more fun in the Dark Zone than I have on anything like that though, mainly because (From beta experience) it's not all "Shoot on sight" mindset, alot of people want to get that high-tier loot that's in there and aren't going to risk loosing it by starting a fight with someone.. Although they will kill you if you do anything that looks hostile.

Then there are the people who go in solely for PvP, but more often than not they get chased down by the other type of player which I like to call 'Scavengers' who are there for the loot, not the PKing and even group up together to kill any PvP-focused players that come near extraction zones. It's crazy.

Archived