About shoving and head stomping.

Seiko Yamada

TL:DR for those that don't feel like reading:

Unarmed combat feels way too strong compared to majority of weapons, excluding those that are capable of hitting multiple zed's like a bat or axe, and insta kill weapons like knives, and in OP's honest opinion, could use a solid nerf.

As of right now, unarmed combat allows you to shove up three (might be more, correct me if i am wrong) zombies, doesn't tire you (again, correct me if i am wrong, but just minutes before writing this post i've gone through killing 150~ zed's in WP school with just my hands and the exhaustion moodle didn't show up), has infinite durabilty, and even with standard 5 strength, offers you a crazy high knockdown chance, and enough damage to kill a default health zed with four or five stomps (on rare occasion requiring few more), and doesn't weight anything.

Why would one even use stuff like hammers or golf bats, capable of hitting a single zombie, having pretty much the same knockdown chance, barely offering any damage increase, and in addition to that having pitiful durability and exhausting your character, when they have access to a much stronger zed killing tool? Why even sacrifice carrying weight for them?

Using said weapons, i haven't really noticed any damage or knockdown increase compared to head stomping and shoving, number of hits to kill one did feel pretty much the same. Ability to damage a zombie without knocking them down doesn't really feel that usefull due to how pitiful and unnoticable damage without the "on the ground" bonus is. I haven't really reached higher melee skill levels to see if they get any better later on, basically due to being able to handle mostly everything exclusively using unarmed combat.

Right now if feels that every weapon other than a bat, axe, or knives, is a waste of carrying capacity.

Increased exhaustion when shoving zed's away is a must in my honest opinion. I believe shoving charging undead flesh bags would be pretty tiresome. Reduced knockdown chance would be in place aswell, as of right now it is hillariously easy to keep six or seven zeds knocked down, while slowly kicking their brains out.

Discuss.

snip

This mod is for you, bro. Works fine in IWBUMS.

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/WeaponNerf/

I'm currently using the weaponNerf mode with tough + superhuman zombies and low zombie population.

Any more than 3 zombies and you've got a problem. Get two zombies grabbing to bite you at the same time and your as good as dead. It makes the game challenging without the need for thousands of zombies.

it takes longer to kill (on average) and you use more energy. You can only stomp zed thats on the ground. with pan, crowbar etc you can kill with 1-5 shots.

It also takes around 2-5 stomps to kill a downed zombie. The difference in number of hits to kill a downed zombie is pretty much unnoticable, unless you are using a bat or an axe. And no, i am fairly positive shoving and stomping doesn't exhaust the character, as mentioned in the OP i've pretty much cleared a horde of 150 zombies in WP school barehanded, with the exhaustion moodle not showing up. And the fact that you can only stomp a downed zombie? Who cares? Unless you are using an axe or a bat, if the zombie is not on the ground, you are going to whack and whack it for ages before it finally succumbs.

snip

This mod is for you, bro. Works fine in IWBUMS.

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/WeaponNerf/

Am aware of this mod's existance, although the reason of this thread is to point out the flaw in the games desing (in my opinion), where majority of weapons are pretty much not needed, due to the default "weapon" being far superior. I was out of the loop for a while, just picked up PZ recently. Back when i was playing, killing a STANDING zombie with one or two hits, using a pan or a hammer, was a common sight, so they actually were usefull. Its hardly a case anymore.

I think the stomping should be pretty exhausting. It takes a lot of energy to stomp a head in. Pretty much the same energy it takes to stomp firewood apart. I guess one way to test if it does exhaust or not is to make your character obese and asmathic