Radio Chat Identification !

Darkwhip

Since I tried Turbo's radio mod and now, yet still in the video's mondoid we can't know who is speaking in those godam radio channels !

I took a screenshot:

446734WHOGodamnit.jpg

On this screenshot, we know who is speaking because Turbo and Tooks are just beside, speaking in. But if they where out of screen there is absolute no way to know who is speaking except if that person says ''Hey it's Turbo'', but still even there another person could just pretend to be him speaking in the radio.

Suggestion ? Add the character's name beside the phrase coming out of any radio/Ham.

Why ? It's a lot more convenient and avoid people to abuse radio chat for inadequate talking (Which will help Admin/moderators to watch over the radio chat with ease and snap those rulebreakers.

Sincerely yours, Darkwhip

I think admins can look at logs if people abuse that. But in fact i like the idea that someone can steal your talkies and get in your comm. Naming a voice you never heard seems pretty unrealistic to me. Even if its someone you knows talking at the talkie, you might not recognize him.

So for me, its a NO for named line from talkies.

Please excuse my english !

I think admins can look at logs if people abuse that. But in fact i like the idea that someone can steal your talkies and get in your comm. Naming a voice you never heard seems pretty unrealistic to me. Even if its someone you knows talking at the talkie, you might not recognize him.

Please excuse my english

This is what you don't understand, on a realistic and immersive view, your character would be able to recognize the voice of that person, but because it's texte based there's no way to tell, this is why it would be unfair.

Please excuse my english

This is what you don't understand, on a realistic and immersive view, your character would be able to recognize the voice of that person, but because it's texte based there's no way to tell, this is why it would be unfair.

possibly a color tone or if you know a voice it will leave a name after the text.

• 3 weeks later...

Please excuse my english

possibly a color tone or if you know a voice it will leave a name after the text.

Colors aren't the best option for colorblind people.

Please excuse my english

Colorblind people are already at a disadvantage. And IRL there are deaf people too who can't tell the difference or the radio has too much static to be heard clearly. But in this game the radio's ought to show the names IMO people can use out of game radio's which defeats having them in game.

Please excuse my english

Colorblind people are already at a disadvantage. And IRL there are deaf people too who can't tell the difference or the radio has too much static to be heard clearly. But in this game the radio's ought to show the names IMO people can use out of game radio's which defeats having them in game.

I am colorblind and i wouldn't mind having different colors for voices in the radio (At-least when lets say a news report is going on, i want to be able to tell when the dialogue switches from one person to another.)

Colours seem like the way to go for me - we could take it one step further and let players choose a 'colour' of speech when they create a character, acting as a type of voice.

Then some players would have similar colours (sound similar), the same colours (sound pretty much the same) or have completely different colours (sound completely different).

The colour of the text could allow an ally is disguise or on the radio to identify themselves without giving the game away, or allow an imposter to try and pose as them. Imagine speaking to somebody on the radio, then two or three folks turn up on your doorstep pointing guns in your face... and you suddenly recognise ones voice from the radio. Is it radio guy, or just someone who sounds like him? Either way, you probably won't take advice from him in the future.