Building

lerk

So, everyone can build good wooden walls, even with low skill! You just need more time per wall. I suggest "stages" for every building (Wall, stairs, maybe fence..) So you need some "Standard" skills to build it. Example: If you at level 2 Carpentry skill you can build wooden walls, now you can build fast an crapy lvl 1 wall or build slowly an say lvl 4 Wall.

First of if you build an wall you make it in "stages" first stage you hammer planks in the dirt, almost no skill req. Next stage you hammer planks on the planks, some skill req. Then again and then is more skill req. And you can build fast, crapy or slow and good.

So, everyone can build good wooden walls, even with low skill! You just need more time per wall. I suggest "stages" for every building (Wall, stairs, maybe fence..) So you need some "Standard" skills to build it. Example: If you at level 2 Carpentry skill you can build wooden walls, now you can build fast an crapy lvl 1 wall or build slowly an say lvl 4 Wall.

First of if you build an wall you make it in "stages" first stage you hammer planks in the dirt, almost no skill req. Next stage you hammer planks on the planks, some skill req. Then again and then is more skill req. And you can build fast, crapy or slow and good.

i really dont care for this idea because if i can build a poor wall taking longer but not having the skills to do so wont really make the wall much better.

Is a good idea

Hydrocraft have some "update" system aswell, around buildings

and hydrocraft is becoming an excuse for most people who have suggestions. it was like saying add it to sandbox for other topics.

i really dont care for this idea because if i can build a poor wall taking longer but not having the skills to do so wont really make the wall much better.

Is a good idea

and hydrocraft is becoming an excuse for most people who have suggestions. it was like saying add it to sandbox for other topics.

Jeah, it was more 2 seperate ideas. Wouldn't do much sense.

Is a good idea

Jeah, it was more 2 seperate ideas. Wouldn't do much sense.

still nice to hear ideas like this to improve others as well.

What if you could build lower quality walls with less resources once you reach a higher carpentry rank?

I can build tier 1 walls with 3 planks. Once I am able to build tier 2 walls, I can now make tier 1 walls with 2 planks.

I am not sure I like the idea of being able to build higher quality walls before you reach that level though. Takes away the need to grind for it. Maybe that's a good thing? I dunno.

Maybe be able to build tier 2 walls when you are tier 1, but it takes twice as much in resources? You're not as efficient at making measurements and cuts, so you waste a lot of material?

You reach the carpentry level that allows for tier 1 wall construction. It costs 3 planks/wall. You can make tier 2 walls as well but it takes 6 planks/wall.

When you reach carpentry level that would allow for standard tier 2 construction, tier 1 walls cost 2 planks/wall, tier 2 costs 3 planks/wall and tier 3 walls cost 6 planks/wall?

When you reach carpentry level for tier 3 walls, tier 1 walls cost 1 plank/wall, tier 2 costs 2 planks/wall, and tier 3 costs 3 planks/wall.

Personally I think the building system is fine like it is. No matter how good you are, you can't build a wall with one or two planks of wood. On the flip side. If you suck at building, adding more planks to your wall isn't going to suddenly make it look nice and be sturdy (even though it might make the wall mor durable)

Personally I think the building system is fine like it is. No matter how good you are, you can't build a wall with one or two planks of wood. On the flip side. If you suck at building, adding more planks to your wall isn't going to suddenly make it look nice and be sturdy (even though it might make the wall mor durable)

i agree with all but how the system is fine how it is now. i would like to see some change but how it is now is bearable.