Get the Zombies Off the Street

ChatNoir

I try to survive in Build 32 in the middle of WP. My safehouse is on top of the post office and thanks to my sledgehammer I'm safe there. However, looting trips on the streets became nearly impossible with all those hordes roaming the streets.

While I was trying to get access to some houses on the second floor I hit on an idea: build a zombie trap! I removed the floor in front of a bathroom door and finally got an excellent training area for shooting and the zombies are now off the streets :D. In addition, a walkway above that horde(s) in the room levels up your lightfooted and sneaking skills in minutes.

Here are some impressions:

post-14535-0-92260900-1436630127_thumb.j

post-14535-0-47698200-1436630194_thumb.j

post-14535-0-25813900-1436630223_thumb.j

post-14535-0-74917700-1436632429_thumb.j

The zombies fall down to the first floor before they can reach me. Then they just use the stairs to get to the second floor again and the story continues...

If I fall down I'll brake my leg and then immediately get eaten by about 100 zombies standing downstairs. I guess it would look like Piranha feeding. At least, if I'm running out of bleach this is a fast way to die.

its a great idea of course. but in RP Servers you can't do this because basic rule #1: there needs to be one entrance to your base that zombies can break through... extra realism. :D

It was just a singleplayer and I tried to have some fun in the late game. :D But of course on RP server I wouldn't build such a trap. My RP char is not sure-footed. She would fall down from such a small walkway ;)

its a great idea of course. but in RP Servers you can't do this because basic rule #1: there needs to be one entrance to your base that zombies can break through... extra realism. :D

It was just a singleplayer and I tried to have some fun in the late game. :D But of course on RP server I wouldn't build such a trap. My RP char is not sure-footed. She would fall down from such a small walkway ;)

You need a giant pile of rocks to drop on their heads!

Are you able to shoot them from the catwalk? I have heard that you can now shoot from different elevations, but I haven't had any success doing it.

snip

snip

Are you able to shoot them from the catwalk? I have heard that you can now shoot from different elevations, but I haven't had any success doing it.

Yes giant rocks would be perfect! (clyde)

I tried shooting down from the catwalk but I it seems as if I didn't hit a zombie. I think this might be because of my low shooting level (0). The bathroom shooting on the same level was more effective. Now I try again and see what happens if I shoot down from the catwalk with level 4 shooting skill (reached this with only a few boxes of pistol ammo).

snip

snip

I tried shooting down from the catwalk but I it seems as if I didn't hit a zombie. I think this might be because of my low shooting level (0). The bathroom shooting on the same level was more effective. Now I try again and see what happens if I shoot down from the catwalk with level 4 shooting skill (reached this with only a few boxes of pistol ammo).

any luck hitting them with lvl 4?

snip

snip

No, it seems that I don't hit anything from the catwalk. Is there a trick to aim down, like a special key or something?

snip

snip

No, it seems that I don't hit anything from the catwalk. Is there a trick to aim down, like a special key or something?

If you figure it out, let me know! I haven't been able to do it either, but I was told somewhere on these forums that you can.

Archived