Xbox dashboard leaked [Video]

Pixel Bombs

Oh God, it's Windows 8 . . .

You monsters.

Oh God, it's Microsoft...

You... oh wait. I'm hearing bells ringing. 

By the way, your avatar is broken. :(

And, dammit, Windows 3.1 allowed more than one application to be open at one time (literal windows), Windows 8 should have, too!

Oh God, it's Windows 8 . . .

You monsters.

Oh God, it's Microsoft...

You... oh wait. I'm hearing bells ringing. 

By the way, your avatar is broken. :(

And, dammit, Windows 3.1 allowed more than one application to be open at one time (literal windows), Windows 8 should have, too!

Dangit, I thought that it was just on my end. Oh well, I suppose I'll go nuke your servers in glorious revenge for destroying my intricate avatar. I mean I'll reupload it.

Speaking of Windows 3.1, I think I'm the only 17 year old whom actually grew up using it. I remember finding SkiFree... hoo boy... that led to me the BattleTech games, MechWarrior I, ZZT, Civilization and another medieval strategy game which I can't remember... dammit, I'm too young to have nostalgia! :P

Am I the only one who likes Windows 8? I mean sure, the Start menu is all those tiles now, but other than that, it's pretty much just Windows 7.

No, you're not. I don't think people hate it. It's not like Vista, for example, which was just bad. It's just that people tend to disagree with the direction Microsoft is going (mainly focusing on touchscreen/tablets). I'm using a Windows 8 laptop right now. I don't mind it on my laptop, it's nice and modern and all that, but I wouldn't want it on my desktop. No siree.

It just doesn't do that much different. No revolutionary features, except the dashboard which really isn't that amazing. I haven't used it for gaming yet either, but I have a bad feeling a lot of stuff isn't going to work. 

Am I the only one who likes Windows 8? I mean sure, the Start menu is all those tiles now, but other than that, it's pretty much just Windows 7.

I think people would be a lot more accepting of W8 if they got rid of the unnecessary metro and tiles. It's great if you have a tablet or touch screen computer, like I do, but it makes literally no sense for a desktop user. What they essentially did was clean up W7, got rid of the start button and slapped a touch screen UI on it. 

Plus everybody is so used to W7 because of Vista and XP that the change to W8 UI feels unnatural and forced, which I sort of agree with. But after using it for a week I got used to it and with W8.1 coming out we'll get the start button back and the ability to boot straight to desktop. 

TL;DR: Yes people dont like it but they'll get used to it and in a short time will get the start button back and ability to boot straight to desktop thanks to W8.1

The fact that Microsoft is patching it back to work like their older operating systems should let you know how much of a flop it actually is, really. They cover it up with nice PR and shit but I think in reality all of their recent products have faced pretty overwhelming negativity. That's not to say that they aren't the king of the market, or that they won't continue to be for the foreseeable future, but I do think things aren't quite as peaches and cream as they let on.

I'm pretty confident that their tablets are getting trounced as hard by the iPad as the Zoon was trounced by the iPod. Their lie/slander campaign against the iPad probably isn't helping much either, as anyone who's in the known realizes how untrue and silly their comparisons are.

Archived