Wounding zombies

jonniemarbles

I would just like to see them bleed out the way we do if we get cut that would be something really special

They dont bleed out though. They are either dead or alive. 

I'd like to see it where, if you've been smashing the crap out of a zombie for a while, that zombie is slower/less lethal if you don't kill it. It would make some sense that my smashes would have done *some* damage and they shouldn't just get back up and run at me as quickly as ever.

I do agree with this but they don't feel pain so it wouldn't be to common for the Zombies to have this since your character aims for the head.

I like the idea.  They could bleed, but it definitely wouldn't slow them down (or shouldn't if they're proper zombies)

But yeah, your character is aiming for the head, so it makes it tricky.  Maybe as they closed in past the ideal range, you'd have a better chance to wound but an even lower chance to kill.  The idea is that they get up close and your swings have less room to maneuver around the zombie's arm.  Plus at this point you're desperate so you crack it in the leg or the arm or whatever.  Might work.

I like the idea.  They could bleed, but it definitely wouldn't slow them down (or shouldn't if they're proper zombies)

But yeah, your character is aiming for the head, so it makes it tricky.  Maybe as they closed in past the ideal range, you'd have a better chance to wound but an even lower chance to kill.  The idea is that they get up close and your swings have less room to maneuver around the zombie's arm.  Plus at this point you're desperate so you crack it in the leg or the arm or whatever.  Might work.

I see your point and agree but zombies don't feel pain so it would take a few whacks for them to be useless and it might create a crawler in the process so that has to be avoided. Thats the only problem with the idea but it creates balance.

You can already break their legs and make em crawlers, I guess you could break the arms and prevent them from grabbing you. As for bleeding, I understand these are based on Zombie Survival Handbook/World War Z zombies, and they don't bleed. The blood is half clotted and gelatinous, and the heart aint beating to push it out.

They bleed cuz you just smacked em in the face with a hammer o.O stop hitting them (don't, really, keep hitting!) and the blood stops flowing because there's no pump. You're 100% right tho, a Max Brooks style zombie have no use for blood since it doesn't need oxygen to survive.

I found this here that has a summary of all the stuff in Zombie Survival Handbook about zombie physiology: http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_%28Max_Brooks%29 . Don't mean the devs want their zombies to be exactly like that mind you but I've been working with that assumption.

*edit* in another thread I suggested a hand pump to get fuel from the gas station after the power shuts off, but it occurs to me now you could also use it to pump zombie blood and poison the neighbor's food and water in MP > :D

*'nother edit* I lied, zombies do have a use for their blood: an infection vector. Thankfully they don't seem to have evolved in a way that they can actively use it to infect us... Imagine a zombie puking infected blood at a few meters, now that's scary stuff o.O

*'nother edit* I lied, zombies do have a use for their blood: an infection vector. Thankfully they don't seem to have evolved in a way that they can actively use it to infect us... Imagine a zombie puking infected blood at a few meters, now that's scary stuff o.O

I used to puke like that when I was a baby. People said it was like something out of one of those exorcism movies. I would throw up and hit the other wall across the room with the puke. I think zombies with internal bleeding might throw up sometimes, or if they eat too much as they always eat more, or if you hit them in the gut hard enough, but maybe only if they are more freshly infected and the stomach has not rotted too much yet. They would not puke far though, just as much as a normal vomit, so if you were right next to them you could get puked on.
Man youre were a Crazy Kid :P