Lower minimum start year.

Fuji

Well, unless I'm missing something, there's very little to suggest that anything takes place in 2012+. Portable CD players, boomboxes, tube TVs, lack of smartphones on every zombie, people wearing hoodless sweaters; what is this, 1999?

Well, unless I'm missing something, there's very little to suggest that anything takes place in 2012+. Portable CD players, boomboxes, tube TVs, lack of smartphones on every zombie, people wearing hoodless sweaters; what is this, 1999?

I don't get it though.

Cell phones were as just about as big as they are now in the late ninetys.

So on tons of zombies i Thrash should be finding flip phones and gameboys :P

in fact this means computers exist, and the internet does too.

So when pcs come in, i think i should be able to take them apart and and use the circuts to make traps and stuff.

All i want is a more reliable source of electronic scrap than searching 3 houses for some dead kids game boy or a teenagers CD player. 

But back on topic, this means that flatscreen Televisons are already out. 

Just not widespread.

Like how color tvs came out like 10 years before it was very widespread as opposed to B&W

Heck, not much Insane innovations that never existed in a lower capacity have really come out since 1999.

Smartphones had less powerful counterparts, as did pcs, the playstation, Televisions, Data storages,  cars, mp3 players.

The 90's weren't THAT long ago. 

15 years and not many totally new things with no prior iterations have been made. 

I agree with you though, i have a cool idea that if you set the time more in the future, new inventions spring up, like smartphones and stuff.

I don't get it though.

Cell phones were as just about as big as they are now in the late ninetys.

So on tons of zombies i Thrash should be finding flip phones and gameboys :P

in fact this means computers exist, and the internet does too.

So when pcs come in, i think i should be able to take them apart and and use the circuts to make traps and stuff.

All i want is a more reliable source of electronic scrap than searching 3 houses for some dead kids game boy or a teenagers CD player.

But back on topic, this means that flatscreen Televisons are already out.

Just not widespread.

Like how color tvs came out like 10 years before it was very widespread as opposed to B&W

Heck, not much Insane innovations that never existed in a lower capacity have really come out since 1999.

Smartphones had less powerful counterparts, as did pcs, the playstation, Televisions, Data storages, cars, mp3 players.

The 90's weren't THAT long ago.

15 years and not many totally new things with no prior iterations have been made.

The point is, though, that many of the things listed aren't really used anymore. Tube TVs no longer work (without a box costing half of what a new TV does), no one uses CD players over MP3s, and an iPod speaker probably has better sound quality than the radio depicted in-game.

As for computers, my top of the line gaming computer from 1998 had about 64mb of RAM, and sounded like a robot dying every time it connected to the internet. (And killed the phones). So things have changed quite a bit.