A poll on who wants an end game?

Freeasabird420

An End Game a "You win" state  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have and end game like Military extraction or a cure?

I totally agree with the developers design choice to not have an endgame. However, after thinking about it, I am for it. Sort of... :evil:

Here are my proposed scenarios:

1. You find a small military enclave, that was built by a few soldiers who were on a reconnaissance mission, but their helicopter had a malfunction, so they had an emergency landing and are now stuck in the area. If you agree to help them to finish their mission and repair the helicopter, they will take you to their military base, which is completly walled in fortress. So after a lengthy time of doing dangerous missions and collecting very rare spare parts for the helicopter, you manage to jury rig it into a barely flyable condition. The soldiers take you on board and they fly all the way to their base. They land just in time as the engine of the helicopter catches fire. It is then, that you realise, that the military base has been completly zombiefied during their absence and the brightly burning fire and noise of the helicopter draws hordes of (continuously spawning) zombies from all directions to your location, while the walls (which are not destroyable with sledge hammers) make sure, that you have no way out. So after all this work, this is how you died... :twisted:

2. You pick up a radio transmission, that comes from a far away location. In that transmission you hear, that somebody found a vaccine. When you travel to that location, you discover, that there is a locked entrance to an undergound vault, but you can communicate through a speaker with people inside. They won't hand out the vaccine for free. They tell you, that it is quite difficult to produce and that you will have to bring a hefty amount of rare and valuable goods in order to get the vaccine shot. After you have done that, they open the door and let you inside. They direct you to a special decontamination room, where you have to take your clothes off. When the door locks behind you and gas flows in, you quickly realise, that it is an anesthesia gas, that is coming out of the walls. Barely concious and unable to move you see two figures entering the room shortly after your collapsed. One of them tells the other one to make sure that the body has bled out completly this time and that he wants his loin steak medium and not burnt to a piece of charcoal. When the second person kneels next to you, a deep cut wound appears on your neck and your health bar drops quickly, while you are completly unable to interact in any way. :twisted:

I totally agree with the developers design choice to not have an endgame. However, after thinking about it, I am for it. Sort of... :evil:

-snip-

These end games are the mods I'm talking about! I can't wait to see the creativity of this community regarding story mods :P

Maybe we will be able to play missions such as finding a cure or extraction by the military when Kate and Baldspot are added back. I don't see why not. Maybe we will even be able to create our own missions that others can download.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

there will be no cure, and no military aid

I'm saying it could be added as a challenge/campaign mission, not as part of survival or sandbox mode.

if there is a endgame by any other means other then my death I wont play this anymore. But I am up for on the side optional ways to "win" the game. Maybe like some sort of time limit for the player to get to a extraction zone and get picked up from  heli before the horde over runs the entire town. Stuff like that would be cool. but only as a side option I think.