Commonly Suggested Suggestions

Rathlord

Want to see where this information comes from or where we've discussed it/had it confirmed/denied by the devs? Here's the references:

The Big No's, courtesy of TheRedStranger: http://theindiestone...=24&t=8986.html

Ultimate Dev Quotes, courtesy of Dakcenturi: http://theindiestone...=24&t=1865.html

Well Fuck this zombie infection, why couldn't zombie animals be a sandbox settings?

Hey mod developers!

Ya hit the nail on the head there... doesn't fit with their design goals or how they feel the game should be, and would require a fair bit of time that could go into more needed features. Which is why it's fantastic that we have modders! You should look into learning to mod the game yourself since you have so many ideas, RoboMat is working on a tutorial for modding in the Mods section.

"Aerosol can + lighter flamethrower"
Why the fuck not? 
That weapon everyone could think of.
"
 Beginning the game before the infection

Playing as a zombie"

n] Real Recreational Drugs

[n] Sex
If you want a realistic game, smoking a joint would be a super-cigarette and relieve so much more stress, and Why no sex? There are at least going to be motherfucking rapists who will rape you, if you want the game all sad and shit.

Why the fuck not? 

" Beginning the game before the infection

Playing as a zombie"

These developers Don't even give a F*ck what the community thinks anyway so why do we post suggestions.

[n] Sex

If you want a realistic game, smoking a joint would be a super-cigarette and relieve so much more stress, and Why no sex? There are at least going to be motherfucking rapists who will rape you, if you want the game all sad and shit.

You've been warned for this post. I've already told you to stop being rude about/to the developers. Last warning.

All your dreams can come true, baring limitations of the engine,  through mods.

Be the mod.

Spot the difference:

Good:

Why the fuck not? 
"

Playing as a zombie"

[n] Sex

Bad:

Why the fuck not? 
"

Playing as a zombie"

These developers Don't even give a F*ck what the community thinks anyway so why do we post suggestions.

[n] Sex

It's a rather important difference. :|

Sorry to hammer the point.

[n] Random generated maps

I thought this was a maybe, long time from now thing.

Aside from the brief use of the Random Forest of Lost Characters, it's a fervent "no." They want a hand-made map, perhaps with some small randomizations to the state of buildings and the like (similar to the distribution of items). Something that's able to be shared by the community as a whole.

All your dreams can come true, baring limitations of the engine,  through mods.

Be the mod.

Spot the difference:

Good:

Bad:

It's a rather important difference. :-|

Sorry to hammer the point.

Okay, time to spend a week reading and watching modding tutorials while listening to binural beats that boost learning.

RJ is working on it. :)

Yay! Main reason I'm playing in sandbox right now is so I can extend the time it takes for waterlines to be turned off. Without some way to catch rain or gather other sources of water I'm sorta stuck trying to leave the town and find one of the hard-to-get-to wells or risk a slow drawn out death of thirst.

The only thing I wonder about is no sex. I was thinking more of a "You're in a very close relationship with another NPC, you're both attracted to each other, [insert scene where you two talk in a bedroom here], fade to black, wake up next morning happy and un-stressed.

I guess it doesn't fit the atmosphere?

It's sort of like child killing, in the sense that it's just awkward.

Just do a search on the old forum for "rape," and I think you'll get a rather fine understanding of why they don't want to touch this.

On the plus, drug use is fine!

The only thing I wonder about is no sex. I was thinking more of a "You're in a very close relationship with another NPC, you're both attracted to each other, [insert scene where you two talk in a bedroom here], fade to black, wake up next morning happy and un-stressed.

Seems like it would be a natural extension of having a relationship with an NPC, but if the devs don't want it in their game we can't really blame them for wanting to make the game the way they want it. I can definitely see it being a mod of some kind, though.

Yay! Main reason I'm playing in sandbox right now is so I can extend the time it takes for waterlines to be turned off. Without some way to catch rain or gather other sources of water I'm sorta stuck trying to leave the town and find one of the hard-to-get-to wells or risk a slow drawn out death of thirst.

I wish that we could drink our own piss. Bear grylls style!

Seems like it would be a natural extension of having a relationship with an NPC, but if the devs don't want it in their game we can't really blame them for wanting to make the game the way they want it. I can definitely see it being a mod of some kind, though.

Double post...

It's sort of like child killing, in the sense that it's just awkward.

Just do a search on the old forum for "rape," and I think you'll get a rather fine understanding of why they don't want to touch this.

On the plus, drug use is fine!

Child-killing and sex, my two favorite things in games. Time to learn how to mod more than just screwing with weapon stats.

At the very least on-scene sex is a no. Lemmy was pretty clear about it, though.

To clarify about the random map thing: Terra you're right, at one point it was a maybe, but they came out later pretty strongly against it with a 'no.' On the bright side, this does show that they're willing to think about community ideas and change their minds, two very important facets in game development. They pointed at that once the mapping tools are out it should be easily modable though.

*shudders*

Sounds bad. Not gonna try and find out how bad.

Bad.