Stop food in inventory from rotting while logged off in MP

SomeRandomGuy

if someone else is on the server, time goes by just as if you were there as well. food rotting is as realistic as it gets

now if food is rotting when there is no one else on the server, then you need to edit the options file so that Pause=empty is set to True, then no time will pass unless people are online

on my Nitrado server, it is the servertest.ini file that needs this edit.

after it is done, the admin needs to go into game chat and type /reloadoptions, which should send the new info to everyone's profile when they log in. http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5813-how-to-administrate-a-server/

Injuries don't heal while logged off, we don't get hungry or cold or hot while logged off, and boredom doesn't go away when logged off even if you log off while outside.....but food in our inventory will rot while logged off? Please fix this.

Does the food on your character rot? Or food that you have stored in containers?

I have never noticed food on my character rotting while logged off. Food has definitely rotted in containers while others were on the server playing while I was logged off though.

I admit I almost never log off with perishables on my person.

if someone else is on the server, time goes by just as if you were there as well. food rotting is as realistic as it gets

now if food is rotting when there is no one else on the server, then you need to edit the options file so that Pause=empty is set to True, then no time will pass unless people are online

I think you're missing what I'm saying. It's food that's in a character's bag, pack, hands, whatever that rots when they log off. Nothing else about the character changes while logged off, they don't heal, get cold, get hungry, get hot, panic doesn't decrease, etc. yet food they are carrying will go bad as if they were still logged in.

Food left in crates rotting? Sure. It's still there in the game world, but food a character is carrying rotting when they are logged out?

I think you're missing what I'm saying. It's food that's in a character's bag, pack, hands, whatever that rots when they log off. Nothing else about the character changes while logged off, they don't heal, get cold, get hungry, get hot, panic doesn't decrease, etc. yet food they are carrying will go bad as if they were still logged in.

Food left in crates rotting? Sure. It's still there in the game world, but food a character is carrying rotting when they are logged out?

see, i consider all the stuff in my base as my inventory. same as if i was running a store.

just a matter of how you use that word that makes the difference here