Superhuman trait mod.

Marinus

My request is simple

I want to create a trait that does nothing but give you a ton of negative points in the character creation screen so I can create whatever character I like, including ridiculously overpowered ones, by choosing that trait.

Is that easy to do, and if the answer is yes, how?

I did search for a similar mod on the forums, but couldn't find one, btw, (Which I thought was a bit surprising.)

I actually made a profession that works like that, it adds 1000 points, all profession traits and starts with all skils at lvl 3 +125% XP Boost.

http://pz-mods.net/professions/Cheaterman/

If all you want is points then you can download it and edit the file in media\lua\client\Professions\cheaterman.lua like this

require('NPCs/MainCreationMethods');local function initProfessions()	local cheaterman = ProfessionFactory.addProfession("cheaterman", getText("UI_prof_cheaterman"), "profession_cheaterman", 1000);endEvents.OnGameBoot.Add(initProfessions);

That will simply make the profession add 1000 points.

It's sort of what I had in mind, but instead of a cheater profession, I'd prefer a cheater trait you can choose. That way you can create a truly custom character because you also get to choose a profession. Still thanks for the Mod anyway, it's still very usable for my evil schemems. One thing,  the "only 1000 points"version of the mod seriously messes up the layout of the starting screens. Everything still works AFAICT but it's not particularly pretty.

screen.png

snip

snip

I redesigned the mod to add two Cheat traits, one adds 1000 points to spend and the other does that + adds skill bonuses. Enjoy.

http://pz-mods.net/professions/Cheaterman/

Remember to place the folder into your C:\Users\%username\Zomboid\mods directory and then activate the mod from the MODS menu after you launch the game.

Also, sorry for the delay but I had a ton of stuff to do IRL and I couldn't even get 6 hours of sleep :P

Thank you very much, Svarog, I'll try it out tomorrow as it is nearing my bed time here.

@UnmotivatedZombie: more to have access to a wider variety of characters, but fooling around with an overpowered character can be fun, yes.