Prepper Apacolypse PZ?!

Shnordo

Prepping for the Apocalypse!

Many people around the world practice the art of prepping for an apocalypse. These people are called Preppers. I actually came up with a thought of a possible future single player game mode. Sometime in the future The Indie Stone is supposed to be done with the AI, and I believe that it is that very option that will make this a propper idea. I believe that there should be a single player option in the game where you could possibly play weeks or months pre-"zombification" and try to possibly spend time to build their own type of character in a normal society of working class people in the time they have before one night, "you suddenly wake up to a horrible low pitched groan coming from outside your window". Maybe they spend that time prepping for the zombies by fortifying their house and possibly providing for a small family. Slow by steadily buying food reserves and building a safe room with a shotgun and a box of shells. That character have a higher chance of successfully surviving longer against a harder difficulty of the game, but that also can test how well people could defend themselves if a crisis like this were ever to happen. A player might decide to stockpile weaponry, enlist in the army, learn how to hunt and possibly build a small cabin out in the woods. Will you have enough time and resources to pull that off before the zombies strike? A player could also trying to make a complete food ecosystem like "aquaponics", where you plant vegetables in a organic fish ecosystem. This could possibly test how long the food and water resource they have could stand against a strong and sudden outbreak of the undead! There are many options to follow to try to make your own type of defense against the horrible undead horde. Brothers and sisters, I ask you to join me in the celebration of future possibilities with this game! Tune in next time for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!!!

I hate to be a party pooper, but if you look in the Suggestions section of the forums (where this thread probably should have been), there is a thread titled Commonly Suggested Suggestions. It is largely a list of NO's and possible YES's from the developers on features people have expressed an interest in.

Starting the game before the outbreak is, I believe, the first thing on the NO list. Sorry to rain on your parade. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Even if they did not add in a PRE-Apocalypse for single player they could run scripts such as "Generate Crazed Prepper" and have random houses / npc's have prepared kits.

Would also be cool if in some places that usually do not have stuff for things to be placed. IE: Crate built in the woods containing supplies or a large bag sitting filled with canned goods sitting in a closet/garage etc..

Now with npc's these items might get grabbed fast but there is always the chance you could find some too.

A randomized campground could be randomly ripped into the woods with camping supplies and other things for hunting or maybe you find fishing equipment along the river in damaged conditions of course but still repairable.

• 3 weeks later...

I do admit that having "prepper houses" would be awesome. Maybe a couple houses are randomly generated to have barricaded windows, barricaded doors, boxes with food and weapons... It'd be like finding manna in the desery. Except this manna is fully capable of brutally murdering once-humans.

Spiff

Archived