Called the wrong Number

Gammlernoob

So yesterday "Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number" was released in the steam store

What are you thoughts/do you plan to buy it/play it ?

I just played though it on normal difficulty and started replaying it on hardcore.

The gameplay feels a bit different from HM1, much more strategic instead of cold hardcore action and its even harder than part 1 ( waaaaay harder, i unlocked the achievment "Karma" after 60% of the game ( you died 1000 times)).

And the story, oh god the story is so - freaking - good. The twist at the end is just amazing^^

Its hard to understand what really happens ( and happened in HM1 ) , but if you look at all the details and listen closely ( and read the comics that are on their store page, too ) you get a pretty unique and interesting story.

I'm currently playing it and I love a lot about it, but I don't feel it's as good as the original. Which I was expecting, but my biggest problem is that it feels a lot more linear in it's level design, it feels a lot more like "You have to go down this path" than a "You can go down this path." A couple of levels take this a bit too far IMO, where rooms are just locked for the level so that the game can funnel you down this path.

I love it, still playing it but it did piss me off a bit.

I guess the devs are trying something new with it, so it feels like a diferent game. I like that.

Scott Cawthon did the same thing with FNaF.

1º: Look at camera's to spot animatronics, and keep them away from you. Use doors and lights to save yourself. Look at pirate's cove to avoid insta death. Limited power.

2º: 10 bloody animatronics. No doors, instead freddy mask. Infinite power except for flashlight, used to spot both animatronics and keep foxy away. Use camera ESPECIALLY on BB so that he doesnt render your light unusable. Puppet is the new foxy.

3º: Only one animatronic, but hallucinations are there to help it. seal vents and use audio in other rooms to draw the anim there. BB now makes noise in the room to draw the anim there. New reboot system that renders the systems unusable. Puppet keeps you from doing anything for a few seconds. If the anim catches you at the door, stare at it till the night ends, and hope there is no error.

,Although they are a franchise, they feel like different games, but they stick to the core idea. I have to give them credit for doing something new instead of just re-texturing a previous game and put it on sale as a sequel like most AAA companies.

-snip-

I absolutely loved the first game, it was a fresh take on horror game franchise.

The sequels would've been a lot better if he didn't rush them, I mean they're not entirely bad, but they could've been a lot better if he spend more time on them.

THe games are really cool and fun, but I can't get myself to purchase them. Trust me I'm not squeamish, as someone that remembers fond memories of playing Doom 2 as a seven year old, but this game is just a bit too graphic for my taste. I just can't imagine playing it for hours on end, though I have spent a good chunk of time playing it a friend's house. IT's just a bit much for my taste , which is a shame, because the story, the style, and the music are phenomenal. It is really cool (i got pretty far in the first game, I saved the woman, and I remember there was this scene where a guy is strapped to some explosives and he blows up when you try to save him).

But yeah, the gratuitous violence turns me off a bit.

I'm currently playing it and I love a lot about it, but I don't feel it's as good as the original. Which I was expecting, but my biggest problem is that it feels a lot more linear in it's level design, it feels a lot more like "You have to go down this path" than a "You can go down this path." A couple of levels take this a bit too far IMO, where rooms are just locked for the level so that the game can funnel you down this path.

See I hate this aspect about Hotline Miami 2.. I mean, if you play as Ash and Alex you have ALLOT more freedom, but even then they're only available for like 4-5 missions.

See I hate this aspect about Hotline Miami 2.. I mean, if you play as Ash and Alex you have ALLOT more freedom, but even then they're only available for like 4-5 missions.

I think the thing I have found, that Freddie Wong on Twitter nailed it. The level design is a lot more open this time around, instead of it being a rather claustrophobic affair, which means when an enemy would see you, it felt like it meant sense. But now you have enemies spotting you, outside your line of sight, which feels a bit more unfair rather than feeling like your death was justified, which the first Hotline Miami nailed perfectly.

I think the thing I have found, that Freddie Wong on Twitter nailed it. The level design is a lot more open this time around, instead of it being a rather claustrophobic affair, which means when an enemy would see you, it felt like it meant sense. But now you have enemies spotting you, outside your line of sight, which feels a bit more unfair rather than feeling like your death was justified, which the first Hotline Miami nailed perfectly.

That explains it a fucktonne better than I can.. I'm debating whether or not to go through the pain of the campaign on Hardmode to see the "proper" ending.