Advanced item transportation

Baron_Woelf

Dear all,

After a few setbacks, I guess I slowly get into the pulse of proper survival ;) One thing I am desperately missing is the possibility of enhanced item transportation:

I chose a save spot far away from any looting possibility, what makes it quite arduous to gather a certain amount of items for which reason I have to take long walks (really long walks) just to be able to come back with relatively few items.

If I found myself in this situation I would try to get some wheeled transportation device such a shopping cart, baby stroller, wheelchair, hay (or toy) wagon, shopping stroller, wheelie bin and so on to enhance my collecting spree :)

For example the advantages and disadvantages of a shopping cart as transportation vehicle might be:

+ max. Capacity 95
- maximum speed is walking speed
- noisy while in movement (as attractive to zed’s as a running player)
- depending on its load longer acceleration and deceleration time
- needs two hand slots (making it even more dangerous walking around with a fully loaded cart because it needs a certain time to stop and forces the player to reequip his weapon)
- does only work on pavement

The pros and cons could also be balanced between the different types of transportation vehicles such as capacity, loudness, maximum speed, number of hand slots and so on.

As these vehicles would not depend on gas, they might be an interesting alternative to cars.