Library

OprahWinfrey

It would be really great to see an in-game library with nearly every kind of skill book (if you took the time to search). It's rather frustrating to be stuck at a level because you can never find the book you need. The library could be in West Point and require going downtown, and could help add some excitement to the later game because players would have to venture out from their wilderness bases into town in order to acquire the high level skill books they need

I see what you're saying. I suppose that's the idea of the bookstores, however they don't always have what you're looking for.

But, maybe the idea that other survivors got to the bookstore before you and already looted the knowledge that you're looking for might help to lend credibility to why the books aren't there? I suppose this could happen at a library too. Admittedly in all my zombie survival dreamt up scenarios, I have never thought to loot the library. But, if I had to learn how to build something, without Google, thats likely where I would go.

It is frustrating trying to find that single missing skill book, BUT that also forces you to do a lot more scavenging, encounter a lot more danger, and possibly have a lot better stories to tell. The bookstore in WP or the Mall are still have great chances of having what you need.

still a larger library would be cool to see and then possibly there could be things there that you cant find anywhere else such as a few expert level books that would only be able to found in like 3 spots. That and making a base in a huge building with lion statues out front and giant pillars out front would look epic. It would make a pretty cool base. Still i would like to see one.