Downed Zombies, can't we kick or stomp them?

LeoIvanov

Alright, I know that our character is way too useless in a toe to toe fight against a deadhead and can only push them away, but when they are down, can't we kick them? I mean, there are many moments when you are caught up in a tight spot in a house with a zombie and your kitten knife has only just broke a minute ago. You push the zombie down, but looking in cupboards for a knife is too risky, and you've got a whole house of loot to loose just because you don't have a weapon.

So yeah, kicking down downed zombies when you have no weapon, can we have that?

Alright, I know that our character is way too useless in a toe to toe fight against a deadhead and can only push them away, but when they are down, can't we kick them? I mean, there are many moments when you are caught up in a tight spot in a house with a zombie and your kitten knife has only just broke a minute ago. You push the zombie down, but looking in cupboards for a knife is too risky, and you've got a whole house of loot to loose just because you don't have a weapon.

Not sure about kicking, but stomping, yeah, I'd like to see that!  :twisted:

Or, Or Or,!! We could use pillows to kill them? Like Kate?

You mean COMFORT them?

You mean COMFORT them?

Yes...."comfort" them....  :-D

If there was stomping in the game - maybe we could then have different footwear be more effective, (e.g.: Steel-capped workman boots etc)... (clyde)

You mean COMFORT them?

Yes...."comfort" them....  :-D

If there was stomping in the game - maybe we could then have different footwear be more effective, (e.g.: Steel-capped workman boots etc)... (clyde)

EreWeGo I hope you understand where the 'comfort' reference comes from? xD It's from when the pillows were first added and we had no idea that we wouldn't actually comfort her... ;A;

Anyway. I think this may be a realism vs fun factor.. Of course we could have a bit of both. The human skull is pretty tough, right? So in some cases a stomp may not crush someones skull... It make take multiple stops, depending on how strong you are. For example, someone with a weak trait would have a much harder time (like 5, maybe more, times?) to crush a deadheads skull where as someone with the strong trait would have to only stomp on their head once or twice? Of course with realistic thinking it would vary, depending on your total weight (both of your body and what your carrying) if you know how to adjust your weight properly. Like putting all your weight down on the foot you're stomping with, which could also risk you falling over if you miss...

So there's my over thinking it. It would be helpful for sure though c:

Yes, I understand the "comfort" reference, (hence my avatar!  ;) ),

anyway, as with many in-game functions, I agree with the realism vs fun factor - and it would definitely need to be balanced, and depend on several factors, (agility, strength, luck etc).

Would be nice to have another option when you have no weapons, other than pushing a Zombie to the ground, or running away...

:)

EreWeGo I hope you understand where the 'comfort' reference comes from? xD It's from when the pillows were first added and we had no idea that we wouldn't actually comfort her... ;A;

Anyway. I think this may be a realism vs fun factor.. Of course we could have a bit of both. The human skull is pretty tough, right? So in some cases a stomp may not crush someones skull... It make take multiple stops, depending on how strong you are. For example, someone with a weak trait would have a much harder time (like 5, maybe more, times?) to crush a deadheads skull where as someone with the strong trait would have to only stomp on their head once or twice? Of course with realistic thinking it would vary, depending on your total weight (both of your body and what your carrying) if you know how to adjust your weight properly. Like putting all your weight down on the foot you're stomping with, which could also risk you falling over if you miss...

So there's my over thinking it. It would be helpful for sure though c:

You can do some pretty serious damage to a skull when it is close enough to a really hard surface.  You might not squash it like a grapefruit as the movies go - but that old brainpan could take some serious damage.

The thing is that after 9.15 almost every zombie takes at least two hits to kill, no matter what.  Using your foot instead of ammo or durability seems like a plausible mechanic - the problem I think is to determine if the player wants to risk a stomp-kill or use the weapon in hand for a more certain kill.