Tourist Time!

Jawface

who says that when u play project zomboid that u were born in muldraugh?

I suggest adding in a system to character creation allowing you to choose from which country you are from EG. if you are from muldraugh you will have some knowledge of how to use a firearm or if you come from Russia you will have increased resistance to cold and a little bit stronger, or if u come from china you will need to eat less and you don't tire out as much.

Jawface

PS no offence to anyone who is from china, Russia or muldraugh in real life

oh oops, well I meant that maybe you could choose which country you are from for a VERY SLIGHT boost and slight change in appearance. also that would help with roleplaying

EG:

hi im Russian

hi im American

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

In reality America and Russia have been allies for a much longer time than they were enemies. I'm not sure adding racism to the game is really necessary not to mention almost all of what you mentioned was stereotyping. If you want to build your character as a specific ethnicity then feel free and as has been said above, add it to your bio. But I don't really think this needs to be part of the game.

Oh ya , and I bet you can guess how many international tourists muldraugh gets each year… approximately none.

WIll you always spawn in Muldraught , no matter how big the map becomes ?!?

This was brought up to the devs once in the old forums but I can't for the life of me remember what they said. Either way it should be quite easy to mod.

if you come from Russia you will have increased resistance to cold and a little bit stronger, or if u come from china you will need to eat less and you don't tire out as much.

So what would be the negative racial attributes of being Russian/Chinese? Positive attributes should have negatives.

inb4 racism/stereotypes.

An interesting thing would be if you could play as a character who doesn't speak english, and you have to learn it via talking to survivors and reading language books, which makes it much harder to communicate with survivors. Same goes if you are an English speaking survivor who comes across a Spanish/French/Russian/etc speaking survivor. It's ignorant to think that in a zombie apocolypse, every single person speaks English.

An interesting thing would be if you could play as a character who doesn't speak english, and you have to learn it via talking to survivors and reading language books, which makes it much harder to communicate with survivors. Same goes if you are an English speaking survivor who comes across a Spanish/French/Russian/etc speaking survivor. It's ignorant to think that in a zombie apocolypse, every single person speaks English.

I think that in Muldraugh, Kentucky your chances of running into someone who doesn't speak English are pretty much zilch. We haven't had much Mexican immigration that far north and there just aren't that many tourists in Muldraugh. I'm sure there are non-English speakers in the zombie apocalypse, just not in Muldraugh.

In reality America and Russia have been allies for a much longer time than they were enemies. I'm not sure adding racism to the game is really necessary not to mention almost all of what you mentioned was stereotyping. If you want to build your character as a specific ethnicity then feel free and as has been said above, add it to your bio. But I don't really think this needs to be part of the game.

Oh ya , and I bet you can guess how many international tourists muldraugh gets each year… approximately none.

Frankly I'd like to see racist NPCs, considering Muldraugh is in the American South. Like, if you play as a black character an older white NPC might have a lowered disposition to you. I wouldn't say NPCs should call you "nigger" or anything as severe as that, just be a bit less kind to you but still understanding of the fact that they need everyone they can get to help survive.

Thats true rathlord, the southern states are not more racist than anyone else on earth. There's India Pakistan, Russia and Israel who'd like a stab at that unfortunate title. I rather suspect it depends on which particular states you compare. It's not a popularity contest though... any racism is ugly.

And for that reason I'd stay out of the whole subject for a game. I don't think PZ is intended as a critique for society. And racism has a tendency to get people on the fence. You want them bashing zombie heads and have fun, not get emotionally upset because of a difficult topic, you don't need to extend the poorer versions of politics into the game.

Essentially the zombie infested town of muldraugh is an escape from daily life for a player. Lets not bring the stuff one might want to escape from in there... :) Let people be good or bad as the result of the roll of a dice, lets not bring complicated politics in there.