This is a pure gameplay mod, no new items or weapons or the like.
The gameplay goes like this:
- You don't sleep. You don't even get tired.
- You start with a hiking bag, a flashlight, some batteries, a hammer and some nails.
- During the day, zombies are blinded. You can walk right past them. They will react to sound.
- When night falls, not only do zombies go from being blind to eagle eyed - most of them will probably know where you are.
- Hopefully you spent the day wisely.
The intention is for fairly high difficulty at night. Fortify yourself well, or be prepared to stay on the run for the entire night.
Stable build up on pz-mods:
Most recent test build will be here: http://insomniamod.h...om/Insomnia.zip
These are currently the same. Watch this thread/OP for updates.
March 23rd, 2015: I have put Insomnia in the proper directory structure and tested it successfully against build 31.9.
Installation: For the Desura version of Zomboid, you'll need to unzip, go into the Insomnia folder and copy the media/lua/Insomnia.lua file into your source directory.
For the Steam beta build supporting modloader, you can add the Insomnia folder to your mods directory and then enable the mod from the mod menu.