Errors with softreset

Mammalsauce

Trying to perform a soft reset, however, as soon as i launch projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh (with the added -Dsoftreset), it goes through the process of asking for the admin password, loading what it usually loads, then before it starts clearing chunks, I get the first error at the bottom.  It finally just stops running after clearing a few chunks, then repeating the same error below (slightly diff each time but same in nature.  Any advice? Am I missing something here?  This is running build 27 on debian wheezy by the way.

Loading world...
tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions.tiles
tiledef: loading media/newtiledefinitions.tiles
Soft clearing chunk: map_1103_673.bin
-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
Callframe at: sendItemsInContainer
function: doOverlaySprite -- file: ItemPicker.lua line # 224
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:189)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:181)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:981)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1721)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1666)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)
        at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:83)
        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.doLoadGridsquare(IsoChunk.java:933)
        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:221)
        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)
        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at zombie.network.GameServer.sendItemsInContainer(GameServer.java:2618)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager$GlobalObject.sendItemsInContainer(LuaManager.java:1338)
        ... 22 more
Soft clearing chunk: map_1035_722.bin
Soft clearing chunk: map_1023_777.bin
(then more of the same error and then a little chunk clearing, then more errors, then quit)

soft resets aren't working properly.  i haven't been able to perform one on either of my 4 servers. and i know others are having this same issue. Not sure whether or not its from the actual build 27  or from the massive amount of data that is getting saved and having to clear on each .bin file.  Its crazy stupid having to scan through 170k .bin files that ONLY adds up to only 700mb.

I suppose the only option then is to go and check to see what exactly the softreset argument actually does. If it just removes .bin files and replaces a few configs, then it should be easy to script outside of java.  Thank you for the info sir!

Also, completely unrelated, but since you run 4 servers, I figure you'd be a great person to ask.  Have you been getting DDOS'ed since you made any of them public? It's happened twice now, and one of them I had the pleasure of hearing from my hosting company about at 3 in the morning.

Well, I can't seem to figure out what exactly the softreset argument actually does. Does it just delete the map and zombie bin files and replace configuration INIs or does it do more than that? If someone can let me know, i'd be more than happy to write a bash script to share with the community.

• 2 weeks later...

im getting multiple errors.

Servertest folder got a BLAM folder that conteens files and errirlogs like this one:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException	at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1449)	at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:857)	at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:242)	at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:183)	at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)	at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)	at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException	at zombie.iso.IsoObject.setOverlaySprite(IsoObject.java:2374)	at zombie.iso.IsoObject.load(IsoObject.java:602)	at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1442)	... 7 more

Same for me, always error when doing soft resets.
I keep moving files, but a few files further and it gives errors again.
Some errors it skips, and keeps going.
But at some point it encounters a .bin file that gives something like this:

Soft clearing chunk: map_1356_574.binx=13564 y=5747 z=0objectsclass zombie.iso.IsoObjectIsoObjectstaticmovingobjectsx=13564 y=5746 z=0objectsclass zombie.iso.IsoObjectIsoObjectclass zombie.iso.IsoObjectIsoObjectstaticmovingobjectsjava.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1449)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:857)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:242)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:183)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.iso.IsoObject.setOverlaySprite(IsoObject.java:2374)        at zombie.iso.IsoObject.load(IsoObject.java:602)        at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.load(IsoGridSquare.java:1442)        ... 7 morejava.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getMinX(ServerMap.java:479)        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getGridSquare(ServerMap.java:1037)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.getGridSquare(IsoCell.java:4027)        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.<init>(IsoGameCharacter.java:4248)        at zombie.characters.IsoZombie.<init>(IsoZombie.java:245)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.createRealZombieAlways(VirtualZombieManager.java:534)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.AddZombiesToMap(VirtualZombieManager.java:864)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.AddZombies(IsoChunk.java:99)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:259)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:185)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getMinX(ServerMap.java:479)        at zombie.network.ServerMap.getGridSquare(ServerMap.java:1037)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.getGridSquare(IsoCell.java:4027)        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.<init>(IsoGameCharacter.java:4248)        at zombie.characters.IsoZombie.<init>(IsoZombie.java:245)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.createRealZombieAlways(VirtualZombieManager.java:534)        at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.AddZombiesToMap(VirtualZombieManager.java:864)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.AddZombies(IsoChunk.java:99)        at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Load(IsoChunk.java:259)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.DoChunkAlways(WorldStreamer.java:193)        at zombie.iso.WorldStreamer.addJobWipe(WorldStreamer.java:306)        at zombie.iso.WorldConverter.softreset(WorldConverter.java:326)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:993)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:199)G:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>PAUSEPress any key to continue . . .